Media (Intel® Video Processing Library, Intel Media SDK)
Access community support with transcoding, decoding, and encoding in applications using media tools like Intel® oneAPI Video Processing Library and Intel® Media SDK
Announcements
The Intel Media SDK project is no longer active. For continued support and access to new features, Intel Media SDK users are encouraged to read the transition guide on upgrading from Intel® Media SDK to Intel® Video Processing Library (VPL), and to move to VPL as soon as possible.
For more information, see the VPL website.

Media SDK version for Broadwell on Linux (CentOS 7)

Navjot_S_
Beginner

Hello,

What is the correct version of Media SDK to use on Broadwell running CentOS 7 or Ubuntu? I have an i5-5300U CPU.

I have tried MSS 2015 R3 without success. I noticed that the documentation only mentions Haswell. Inded, I have been able to get things working on Haswell. My problems with Broadwell are documented in this thread

Thank You,

Navjot

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Surbhi_M_Intel
Employee

Hi Navjot, 

We don't have a Media Server Studio Broadwell release out yet. We will have a Broadwell preview soon, stay tuned!

-Surbhi 

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Surbhi_M_Intel
Employee

Hi Navjot, 

We don't have a Media Server Studio Broadwell release out yet. We will have a Broadwell preview soon, stay tuned!

-Surbhi 

0 Kudos
Navjot_S_
Beginner

Thank you. If you could share an approximate timeline that will help our planning immensely. We are also eyeing Skylake and wondering if there's a typical time between platform launch and Media SDK on Linux support that we should factor into our planning.

Navjot

0 Kudos
Surbhi_M_Intel
Employee

Conversation moved to PM. Anyone interested in knowing next generation platform support, feel free to send us an email or ask question on forum. 

0 Kudos
david123456
Beginner

I am very interesting in Broadwell and Skylake.

How fast for transcoding on Broadwell comparing with haswell?

Is HEVC hardware encoding supported by Skylake?

The schedules of Boradwell and Skylake CPU desktop version release and according media SDK release for win&linux is also wanted.

0 Kudos
吴_一_
Beginner

hi intel guys,how about media sdk for windows, do you have specific realse time for broadwell platform.

0 Kudos
Surbhi_M_Intel
Employee

Hi , 

Broadwell support for both Linux and windows is expected to be out by the end of 2nd quarter. Regarding quality & performance on latest hardware will be provided on the product brief/details page, when there will be a release.
Skylake support information will be out soon.  Stay tuned.

Thank you for your interest

0 Kudos