Media (Intel® Video Processing Library, Intel Media SDK)
Access community support with transcoding, decoding, and encoding in applications using media tools like Intel® oneAPI Video Processing Library and Intel® Media SDK
Announcements
The Intel Media SDK project is no longer active. For continued support and access to new features, Intel Media SDK users are encouraged to read the transition guide on upgrading from Intel® Media SDK to Intel® Video Processing Library (VPL), and to move to VPL as soon as possible.
For more information, see the VPL website.

Media Server Studio 2016

bola_a_
Beginner

I have Intel Core™ i7 Quad Core 3770 HT - can i download Intel Media Server Studio 2016?

Which Media server studio community edition would work why the processor?

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Jeffrey_M_Intel1
Employee

Here is a driver support matrix which might help: https://software.intel.com/en-us/articles/driver-support-matrix-for-media-sdk-and-opencl

I'm assuming you're interested in Media Server Studio for Linux.  While older versions had patches targeted toward "new" processors at the time, in many cases by now those patches are already available in the Linux kernel as well as many popular Linux distributions.  There is a good chance that you could get at least a subset of Media SDK functionality to work on this machine with the current release without rebuilding the kernel with a Generic install.

However, as an older processor it isn't officially supported so our ability to help you if you run into any difficulties is limited.  

0 Kudos