Media (Intel® Video Processing Library, Intel Media SDK)
Access community support with transcoding, decoding, and encoding in applications using media tools like Intel® oneAPI Video Processing Library and Intel® Media SDK
Announcements
The Intel Media SDK project is no longer active. For continued support and access to new features, Intel Media SDK users are encouraged to read the transition guide on upgrading from Intel® Media SDK to Intel® Video Processing Library (VPL), and to move to VPL as soon as possible.
For more information, see the VPL website.

Media hardware acceleration fails

jigong
Beginner
I am not sure that this forum is right place to my question.
The project involves to decode 12 H264 video using Intel Media SDK. In order to meet certain frame rate, we have to use hardware acceleration.
I test to open video online in the machine, Most of them are totally messy when enable hardware acceleration option. But they play well without hardware acceleration.
I also use Intel GPA tool to watch GPU under running simple Direct3D rendering program (DXSDK sample), System Analyzer can not detect any activity of EUs, it shows GPU busy 0 all the time.
Thanks in advance for any advice.
Jiuxiang
0 Kudos
4 Replies
Petter_L_Intel
Employee
Hi Jiuxiang,

you are referring to an Intel platform and driver that have yet to be externally released.
Let's take this discussion off the forum. I will send you a private email shortly.

Regards,
Petter
0 Kudos
hui871129
Beginner
hi,i have the same question,my hardware didn't work,and i use theGPA to see the performance,there is no usage in hardware.Can you give me some suggestion?
0 Kudos
hui871129
Beginner

i have meet the same question,have you solved it?

0 Kudos
Petter_L_Intel
Employee
Hi,

The recent Intel Graphics drivers now support both 2nd and 3rd generation processor graphics platforms.

Please download the latest driver from here and try again if you are facing issues.
http://downloadcenter.intel.com/SearchResult.aspx?lang=eng&ProductFamily=Graphics&ProductLine=Processor+graphics&ProductProduct=3rd+Generation+Intel%C2%AE+Core%E2%84%A2+Processors+with+Intel%C2%AE+HD+Graphics+4000%2f2500&ProdId=3498&LineId=3310&FamilyId=39
(http://downloadcenter.intel.com/)

The most recent Win7 driver is15.26.8.2696

Regards,
Petter
0 Kudos