Media (Intel® Video Processing Library, Intel Media SDK)
Access community support with transcoding, decoding, and encoding in applications using media tools like Intel® oneAPI Video Processing Library and Intel® Media SDK
Announcements
The Intel Media SDK project is no longer active. For continued support and access to new features, Intel Media SDK users are encouraged to read the transition guide on upgrading from Intel® Media SDK to Intel® Video Processing Library (VPL), and to move to VPL as soon as possible.
For more information, see the VPL website.

MediaSDK does not respect mfxVideoParams.AsyncDepth = 1 on certain H264 streams

Artur_M_
Beginner

Hi,

I have a H264 stream that i try decode by givin the decoder full frame at a time. following flags are set :

mfxVideoParams.AsyncDepth = 1
BitStream.DataFlag = MFX_BITSTREAM_COMPLETE_FRAME

What happens on this specific stream (attached) is that Decoder consumes up to 15-17 frames before i get a syncpoint returned. so i can not get a frame out of the decoder untill it buffers 15-17 frames.

Is this because of the stream, can i do something to get the decoded frame right away as i need low latency on the decoder output?

Are there any other settings i am missing?

Best Regards,

Artur Magaljan.

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Harshdeep_B_Intel

Hi Artur, 

I do not have input stream information (no attachment). But from description, you are setting required decoder flags for low latency and I am suspecting this could be due the input stream. Can you check and confirm if stream is HRD compliant/valid stream? Also, you can implement rate control methods to tune your decoder, take a look at this article:https://software.intel.com/en-us/articles/video-conferencing-features-of-intel-media-software-development-kit (decoder configuration section). 

Thanks, 

0 Kudos
Artur_M_
Beginner

Hi Harsh,

Sorry apparently the upload button was not enough .. also needed to click next :) missed that.. 

but now there is an attachment .. and i will check your other link ..

thank you :)

Artur.

0 Kudos
Artur_M_
Beginner

hi again Harsh,

sorry to polute this thrtead .. .but i have tired a while ago make a new topic in media forum but i dont think it is in the correct forum as i have not seen any activity for a month .. 

could you take a look at this topic :

https://software.intel.com/en-us/node/623670

and please move it to correct forum if you can.

Thank you,

Artur.

0 Kudos
Harshdeep_B_Intel

Hi Artur, 

Thank you for the note. I moved you topic to Media forum. In future, for your reference here is link: https://software.intel.com/en-us/forums/intel-media-sdk.

Thanks,

0 Kudos
Anna_B_Intel
Employee

Hi Artur, 

The decoder buffers amount of frames equal to dpb size given from the stream info. I looked at the stream - according to its level (5.1), the dpb size is 16. 

If you want to have syncpoint returned right after the first frame consumed, please enable DecodedOrder flag (it's not actually deprecated as it's declared at the documentation).

Best wishes, 

Anna

0 Kudos