Media (Intel® Video Processing Library, Intel Media SDK)
Access community support with transcoding, decoding, and encoding in applications using media tools like Intel® oneAPI Video Processing Library and Intel® Media SDK
Announcements
The Intel Media SDK project is no longer active. For continued support and access to new features, Intel Media SDK users are encouraged to read the transition guide on upgrading from Intel® Media SDK to Intel® Video Processing Library (VPL), and to move to VPL as soon as possible.
For more information, see the VPL website.

MediaSamples_Linux_6.0 generated failed

然_魏_
Beginner

Hi, I tried to generated MediaSamples with MediaServerStudioEssentials2015R6. following
\MediaSamples_Linux_6.0.16043175.175\Media_Samples_Guide.pdf

Error details:

——————————————————————————————————————————————

[ samples]# perl build.pl --cmake=intel64,make,debug --build --clean

cd /home/MediaSDK_R6/MediaSamples_Linux_6.0.16043175.175/samples/__cmake/intel64.make.debug/sample_plugins/rotate_opencl && /bin/c++   -DLINUX -DLINUX32 -DLINUX64 -DMFX_FILE_VERSION=\"0.15.11.30\" -DMFX_PRODUCT_VERSION=\"0.0.000.0000\" -DUNIX -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 -D__USE_LARGEFILE64 -Dsample_plugin_opencl_EXPORTS -m64 -msse4.2 -pipe -fPIC -O0 -Wall -Wno-unknown-pragmas -Wno-unused -g -D_DEBUG -fPIC -I/opt/intel/mediasdk/include -I/home/MediaSDK_R6/MediaSamples_Linux_6.0.16043175.175/samples/sample_common/include -I/home/MediaSDK_R6/MediaSamples_Linux_6.0.16043175.175/samples/sample_plugins/rotate_opencl/include    -DCL_USE_DEPRECATED_OPENCL_1_1_APIS  -I/usr/include  -DLIBVA_SUPPORT  -o CMakeFiles/sample_plugin_opencl.dir/src/opencl_filter_va.cpp.o -c /home/MediaSDK_R6/MediaSamples_Linux_6.0.16043175.175/samples/sample_plugins/rotate_opencl/src/opencl_filter_va.cpp
In file included from /home/MediaSDK_R6/MediaSamples_Linux_6.0.16043175.175/samples/sample_plugins/rotate_opencl/src/opencl_filter_va.cpp:13:0:
/home/MediaSDK_R6/MediaSamples_Linux_6.0.16043175.175/samples/sample_plugins/rotate_opencl/include/opencl_filter_va.h:25:23: fatal error: CL/va_ext.h: No such file or directory
 #include <CL/va_ext.h>
                       ^

compilation terminated.
gmake[2]: *** [sample_plugins/rotate_opencl/CMakeFiles/sample_plugin_opencl.dir/src/opencl_filter_va.cpp.o] Error 1
gmake[2]: Leaving directory `/home/MediaSDK_R6/MediaSamples_Linux_6.0.16043175.175/samples/__cmake/intel64.make.debug'
gmake[1]: *** [sample_plugins/rotate_opencl/CMakeFiles/sample_plugin_opencl.dir/all] Error 2
gmake[1]: Leaving directory `/home/MediaSDK_R6/MediaSamples_Linux_6.0.16043175.175/samples/__cmake/intel64.make.debug'
gmake: *** [all] Error 2

[ intel64.make.debug                                 State: FAIL ]

————————————————————————————————————————————————————

However, I had installed OpenCL successfully:

[samples]# find / -name libOpenCL.so*
/opt/intel/opencl/libOpenCL.so.1
/opt/intel/opencl/libOpenCL.so
/opt/intel/opencl/libOpenCL.so.1.2
[samples]#

[ samples]# find / -name va_ext.h
/opt/intel/mediasdk/MediaSamples_Linux_5.0.1604371.71/samples/opencl_motionestimation/common/CL/va_ext.h
/opt/intel/mediasdk/MediaSamples_Linux_5.0.1604371.71/samples/opencl_motionestimation/MotionEstimation/CL/va_ext.h
/opt/intel/opencl/include/CL/va_ext.h
[ samples]#

————————————————————————————————————————————————————————

Have I done something wrong? Can anyone help me? Thanks~

Platform:
——————————————————————————————————————————
      8  Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4790 CPU @ 3.60GHz
00:02.0 VGA compatible controller [0300]: Intel Corporation Xeon E3-1200 v3/4th Gen Core Processor Integrated Graphics Controller

[8086:0412] (rev 06)
——————————————————————————————————————————

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Surbhi_M_Intel
Employee

Hi there, 

Can you tell us which OS you are working on? Can you please confirm if you went through software requirements from the samples guide which advice to install gcc compiler and also the build instructions from the sample guide?

Thanks,
Surbhi

0 Kudos
然_魏_
Beginner

Surbhi M. (Intel) wrote:

Hi there,

Can you tell us which OS you are working on? Can you please confirm if you went through software requirements from the samples guide which advice to install gcc compiler and also the build instructions from the sample guide?

Thanks,
Surbhi

Hi~

My OS is CentOS 7.1, and I have built instructions from the sample guide. (\MediaSamples_Linux_6.0.16043175.175\Media_Samples_Guide.pdf)

Besides, we bought 4 Intel's server with the same configuration. I installed and run this sample successfully on one of them, and this error:

"/home/MediaSDK_R6/MediaSamples_Linux_6.0.16043175.175/samples/sample_plugins/rotate_opencl/include/opencl_filter_va.h:25:23: fatal error: CL/va_ext.h: No such file or directory
 #include <CL/va_ext.h>
                       ^

"

should not be occured.

althouth I have just solved this error by add include path on $PATH.

And it is, this error "solved", but when I run sample_decode_drm, another error occured:

# pwd

/home/MediaSDK_R6/MediaSamples_Linux_6.0.16043175.175/samples/__cmake/intel64.make.debug/__bin/debug

[root@storm109 debug]# ./sample_decode_drm h264 -i bbb720pMov.264 -o bbbIntelSampDeco.yuv 

libva info: VA-API version 0.35.0

libva info: va_getDriverName() returns 0

libva info: User requested driver 'iHD'

libva info: Trying to open /opt/intel/mediasdk/lib64/iHD_drv_video.so

libva info: Found init function __vaDriverInit_0_32

libva info: va_openDriver() returns 0

Decoding Sample Version 0.0.000.0000

Input video     AVC

Output format   YUV420

Resolution      1280x720

Crop X,Y,W,H    0,0,0,0

Frame rate      0.00

Memory type             system

MediaSDK impl           hw

MediaSDK version        1.16

Decoding started

Frame number:    0, fps: 0.000, fread_fps: 0.000, fwrite_fps: 0.000

Return on error: error code -1, /home/MediaSDK_R6/MediaSamples_Linux_6.0.16043175.175/samples/sample_decode/src/pipeline_decode.cpp 1340

Return on error: error code 1,  /home/MediaSDK_R6/MediaSamples_Linux_6.0.16043175.175/samples/sample_decode/src/sample_decode.cpp   531

It's so weird...

0 Kudos
Jiandong_Z_Intel
Employee
Hi, Have you upgraded your KMD ? You can use following command line check your KMD $ uname -r $ ls -l /dev/dri ## You should find renderD128 if KMD is OK. You can refer Page 3 Getting Started Guide - Linux* Installation to upgrade KMD. https://software.intel.com/sites/default/files/media_server_studio_getting_started_guide.pdf Thanks Zachary
0 Kudos
然_魏_
Beginner

Jiandong Z. (Intel) wrote:

Hi,

Have you upgraded your KMD ?

You can use following command line check your KMD
$ uname -r
$ ls -l /dev/dri ## You should find renderD128 if KMD is OK.

You can refer Page 3 Getting Started Guide - Linux* Installation to upgrade KMD. https://software.intel.com/sites/default/files/media_server_studio_getti...

Thanks
Zachary

I have solved this problem by

#rpm --force -Uvh /MSS/rpmbuild/RPMS/x86_64/*.rpm

although I don't know why ...

even more puzzling is:

both

.../MediaSamples_Linux_6.0.16043175.175/samples/_bin/x64/sample_decode_drm

and

.../MediaSamples_Linux_6.0.16043175.175/samples/__cmake/intel64.make.debug/__bin/debug/sample_decode_drm

get the same results(same fps...), it's seemed that MediaSamples_Linux_6.0 generate useless, why is this happening?

0 Kudos
Surbhi_M_Intel
Employee

Glad, you got that part working!
Not sure why would you expect same sample to generate different results, but sample_decode_drm in the above pointed location is being generated from same sample. Can you please explain your expectation?

-Surbhi

0 Kudos
然_魏_
Beginner

Surbhi M. (Intel) wrote:

Glad, you got that part working!
Not sure why would you expect same sample to generate different results, but sample_decode_drm in the above pointed location is being generated from same sample. Can you please explain your expectation?

-Surbhi

(Well, I'm hammering at OpenCL study recently...)

Since get the same result, so why we should build samples following  …\MediaSamples_Linux_6.0.16043175.175\Media_Samples_Guide.pdf? Why don’t we use the …\MediaSamples_Linux_6.0.16043175.175\samples\_bin\x64\*drm directly?

0 Kudos