Media (Intel® Video Processing Library, Intel Media SDK)
Access community support with transcoding, decoding, and encoding in applications using media tools like Intel® oneAPI Video Processing Library and Intel® Media SDK
Announcements
The Intel Media SDK project is no longer active. For continued support and access to new features, Intel Media SDK users are encouraged to read the transition guide on upgrading from Intel® Media SDK to Intel® Video Processing Library (VPL), and to move to VPL as soon as possible.
For more information, see the VPL website.
3058 Discussions

MediaServerStudioEssentials2018R1 encounts fatal error: GL/gl.h: No such file or directory”

Xuan__Wayne
Beginner

Instruction

Product versionMediaServerStudioEssentials2018R1

Platform4  Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-6350HQ CPU @ 2.30GHz

Linux dps4.centos74 3.10.0-693.el7.x86_64

00:02.0 VGA compatible controller [0300]: Intel Corporation Iris Pro Graphics 580 [8086:193b] (rev 09)

My issue

Firstly, install Media SDK:

enter SDK2018Production16.8/CentOS_7.4.

# install_sdk_CentOS.sh

It executes successfully.

#reboot

Then, exec Samples:

# mkdir _build

# cd _build

# cmake ..

# make

Here, I encount a problem which says “/opt/intel/opencl/include/CL/cl.hpp:180:19: fatal error: GL/gl.h: No such file or directory”.

I try many methods to solve the above problem.  It seems lack "mesa-libGL-devel".

So I execute the next command to install it.

# yum install mesa-libGL-devel

but it shows a error:

Error: Package: intel-linux-media-16.8-69021.el7.centos.x86_64 (installed)

Requires: libdrm = 2.4.74-69021.el7.centos

Removing: libdrm-2.4.74-69021.el7.centos.x86_64 (installed)

libdrm = 2.4.74-69021.el7.centos

Updated By: libdrm-2.4.83-2.el7.x86_64 (base)

libdrm = 2.4.83-2.el7

You could try using --skip-broken to work around the problem

You could try running: rpm -Va --nofiles --nodigest

I want to know how to solve it. Thank you.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Mark_L_Intel1

Hi Wayne,

Sorry for the late response.

First, you have to check your installation with sample code, you don't have to install it you can download the binary sample package from following page and run the binary, the pre-built binary should be under <sample root>/samples/_bin/x64, there are test content under <sample root>/samples/_bin/contents you can use immediately.

About the installation, I can't tell much what you have been doing, did you follow the getting started guide? Did you run under root?

You should also noticed when running install_sdk_CentOS.sh, sometimes even it has errors it won't stop running until the end, so you have to check the output messages to make sure no errors.

If you can refer to the following document at page 13, it tells us the libva dependent component, you have to make sure all those component is installed. This section tell how to install Media SDK under minimum installation, you can also try it since it tells you how to avoid those dependencies with minimum system installation.

https://software.intel.com/sites/default/files/managed/52/a7/media_server_studio_getting_started_guide.pdf

Mark

0 Kudos