Media (Intel® Video Processing Library, Intel Media SDK)
Access community support with transcoding, decoding, and encoding in applications using media tools like Intel® oneAPI Video Processing Library and Intel® Media SDK
Announcements
The Intel Media SDK project is no longer active. For continued support and access to new features, Intel Media SDK users are encouraged to read the transition guide on upgrading from Intel® Media SDK to Intel® Video Processing Library (VPL), and to move to VPL as soon as possible.
For more information, see the VPL website.

Memory allocation fails

Sven_R_
Beginner

Hello,

in my application I have to initialize and uninitialize the VPP. Reason is, that there can be different setups (usually size) for it.

When initializing the VPP using "sts = m_mfxVPP->Init(&VPPParams);" I receive the status "MFX_ERR_MEMORY_ALLOC" after some while, even if I only have one VPP instance at the same time and I'm clearing it up with "m_mfxDEC->Close(); m_mfxVPP->Close();". Afterwards I also close the session.

After some retries it works again if I restart my application, but after another amount of retries I have to restart my computer. Otherwise I'm not able to ininitalize the H.264 Encoding anymore.

What uninitializing am I missing?

Could this problem be related to memory framentation?

Thanks in advance for your advices.

Sven

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Anthony_P_Intel
Employee

HI, are you seeing this with the software (MFX_IMPL_SOFTWARE) implementation, using libmfxsw*.dll, or only when using hardware?

If its only when you are trying to use acceleration, Can you provide a description of your hardware and drivers?  The output of the mediasdk_system_analyser_32.exe would be great for this (it is found in <install dir>\Media SDK 2014 for Clients\tools\mediasdk_sys_analyzer)

Perhaps the drivers being used have a memory leak.

0 Kudos