Media (Intel® Video Processing Library, Intel Media SDK)
Access community support with transcoding, decoding, and encoding in applications using media tools like Intel® oneAPI Video Processing Library and Intel® Media SDK
Announcements
The Intel Media SDK project is no longer active. For continued support and access to new features, Intel Media SDK users are encouraged to read the transition guide on upgrading from Intel® Media SDK to Intel® Video Processing Library (VPL), and to move to VPL as soon as possible.
For more information, see the VPL website.

Merging videos with MediaComposer adds a pause

Kevin_G_1
Beginner

I'm new to INDE.  Not 100% sure if this is the right forum, or where I can find regular docs.  Anyway, assuming I'm in the right place...

I'm merging several videos of the same format.  The MediaComposer works really well, except that it creates a slight pause between each video.  Any thoughts on getting rid of that?  I stripped audio tracks to see if that would help, but it didn't.

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Harshdeep_B_Intel

Hi Kevin,

Yes, this is right forum on any questions on Media. I am assuming when you say "MediaComposer" you are using Media for Mobile to join videos. This link includes all the documentation: https://software.intel.com/en-us/media-for-mobile-support/documentation.

Can you please provide us more description on the issue - like are you using samples? mobile HW you are testing app on? Please share the application so we could reproduce the issue, directly with me using "private messages". As  we do not expect the scenario you are seeing.

Thanks,

0 Kudos
Mike_D_3
Beginner

I can confirm we are seeing the same issue with the media composer.  A slight pause is added to merged videos, however its very noticeable and must somehow be resolved.  It is unacceptable for usage, is there any resolution you can suggest Harsh?

To repeat the issue, simply merge the same short video together three times and watch the video pause between each playback.

0 Kudos
Kevin_G_1
Beginner

I wound up doing this the "hard way" and figuring out MediaCodec and open gl.  We were using mp4 video clips with h264 video at 30fps, 720p, and aac audio at 48k.

About the library.  Its going to be difficult to get people to adopt it.  Just getting the library involves a level of security and whatnot that is totally at odds with the rest of the dev community.  We're sort of used to "download now!" links.  Also, since its not open source, when there's a problem, you're stuck.  Just logging into this forum is kind of a nightmare.  The password rules are more strict than my bank, so if there's a followup dialog regarding this post, I probably won't be involved (beyond reading).  There's zero chance that I'll remember the password I just changed this to.

The library does have nice features, but if the goal is to optimize general app experience for Intel chips, I suggest being a little less "corporate" with the community.  If the goal is to sell licenses for something, well, best of luck.

0 Kudos
Harshdeep_B_Intel

Hi Kevin,

It certainly sounds frustrating with logging issue. Thank you and really appreciate your feedback and you inputs definately helps us make changes for easy adaption of our products . I will pass on your inputs to the concerned teams. 

Thanks,

0 Kudos
Harshdeep_B_Intel

Hi Mike,

I have responsed and sent a message directly to you. Please create a new thread and post you comments, so it will be easier for us the track the issue separately. 

Thanks,

0 Kudos