Media (Intel® Video Processing Library, Intel Media SDK)
Access community support with transcoding, decoding, and encoding in applications using media tools like Intel® oneAPI Video Processing Library and Intel® Media SDK
Announcements
The Intel Media SDK project is no longer active. For continued support and access to new features, Intel Media SDK users are encouraged to read the transition guide on upgrading from Intel® Media SDK to Intel® Video Processing Library (VPL), and to move to VPL as soon as possible.
For more information, see the VPL website.

Multiple session init problem

ynhuang
Beginner
Hi all,

I am writing a program to decode 16 video streamingwith hw decode. My program create16 threads, and every thread create a MFXVideoSession.The 1~7 session are init successfully. ButMFXVideoSession::Init() function over 8 sessionsalways return MFX_ERR_UNSUPPORTED.

Event I use sw decode the problem is still the same. Do any one has any information about this problem.

And my platform is:

CPU: i7 Sandy Bridge
Main Board : ASUS P8-H67-M Pro
Mem :4 GB
Media SDK : 3.0 Beta

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Anthony_P_Intel
Employee
Hi,

There are currently some memory limits on 32-bit applications (even when running on a 64-bit OS).
Can you consider using/building a 64-bit application?

-Tony
0 Kudos
ynhuang
Beginner
Hi Tony,

I think the problem I meet is not memory limits. I can create 16 sessions and decode video packets in sample_decode.

But in my program, Ijust init 8 session and do nothing. I did not create decoder, andnot allocate any surface.The 8-th initfunction always return MFX_ERR_UNSUPPORTED.

Do you have anysuggestion like I should check any compile setting or something?

0 Kudos
ynhuang
Beginner
Hi Tony,

I think the problem I meet is not memory limits. I can create 16 sessions and decode video packets in sample_decode.

But in my program, Ijust init 8 session and do nothing. I did not create decoder, andnot allocate any surface.The 8-th initfunction always return MFX_ERR_UNSUPPORTED.

Do you have anysuggestion like I should check any compile setting or something?

0 Kudos
IDZ_A_Intel
Employee
Hi,

Can you share your code so that we can better understand what may be going on?

If your application is 32 bit, you may also be facing a known issue described here(with suggested workaround):http://software.intel.com/en-us/forums/showpost.php?p=159280

Regards,
Petter
0 Kudos
ynhuang
Beginner
Hi,

I have fixed this problem.

Thethe root cause of is my program set the stack size to 10M.Every thread allocate 10M virtual memory for stack. And every session also allocate 10M virtual memory. The virtual memory of this process is exaugstedafter I create 8 decoder to decode streaming.

I modify compile stack reserve size to 1M and this problem is fixed.

Regards,
YN Huang
0 Kudos
IDZ_A_Intel
Employee
Hi YN Huang,

glad to hear you got the issue resolved. Good luck with your continued Media SDK development.

Regards,
Petter
0 Kudos