Media (Intel® Video Processing Library, Intel Media SDK)
Access community support with transcoding, decoding, and encoding in applications using media tools like Intel® oneAPI Video Processing Library and Intel® Media SDK
Announcements
The Intel Media SDK project is no longer active. For continued support and access to new features, Intel Media SDK users are encouraged to read the transition guide on upgrading from Intel® Media SDK to Intel® Video Processing Library (VPL), and to move to VPL as soon as possible.
For more information, see the VPL website.

Multiple sessions performance

Pavel_P_1
Beginner

Hello, i trying to implement scheme with many VPP filters. Some of them are composite, and some one not. In reason of impossibility of using composite VPP filter with all other i must create session for every them. Next is the example of my chain of nodes:

-> Decoder -> VPP 1 (for resolution and frame rate) -> VPP 2 (Composite, for screen graphics) -> Encoder ->

So, i have 2 questions:

1) Is it possible to place Decoder, VPP 1 and Encoder to first Session, and place VPP 2 to second session?

Of course second session is connected to first session with MFXJoinSession(). I implemented this scheme, but this realization make wrong the order of frames (if i add synchronization with using MFXVideoCORE_SyncOperation(), it become work correct).

2) How will it change performance, if i make personal session for all VPP filters in my chain?

For example: first variant

Session1: -> Decoder -> VPP 1 ->
Session2: -> VPP 2 -> Encoder ->

versus second variant

Session1: -> Decoder ->
Session2: -> VPP 1 ->
Session3: -> VPP 2 ->
Session4: -> Encoder ->

Second variant is pretty good for building different chains in real time. But I afraid, that it will work very slow.

0 Kudos
0 Replies