Media (Intel® Video Processing Library, Intel Media SDK)
Access community support with transcoding, decoding, and encoding in applications using media tools like Intel® oneAPI Video Processing Library and Intel® Media SDK
Announcements
The Intel Media SDK project is no longer active. For continued support and access to new features, Intel Media SDK users are encouraged to read the transition guide on upgrading from Intel® Media SDK to Intel® Video Processing Library (VPL), and to move to VPL as soon as possible.
For more information, see the VPL website.
3058 Discussions

Need to Encode a mp4 file to 854 x 480 and set CBR to 1800

Sudhakar_s_
Beginner

Hi ,

I have installed latest drivers 5500, 2016 Media Server Studio and Intel Media SDK 2016 r2.

Downloaded the latest samples from GITHUB: https://github.com/Intel-Media-SDK/samples

have built sample_encode in release mode, win64 and able to see the sample_encode.exe in _build folder.

When I try to execute following command:

sample_encode.exe h264 -i test.mp4 -o output.mp4 -w 1280 -h 720 -b 1800 -u quality -f 29

a file is generated but That has zero frames and of size 2.5 MB.

Can anyone help me in resolving the issue.

Thanks

Sudhaakr

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Surbhi_M_Intel
Employee

Hi Sudhakar, 

Media SDK and it's samples are targeted towards working with elementary streams for different codecs like .264/.265. For you input, use any 3rd party tool to demux the content and later pass through media sdk samples. 
For sample_encode, input should be a raw stream i.e. yuv content and encode it to h264 elementary stream. 
For sample_decode, input should be an elementary steam and the output will be in yuv (for example - out.yuv)
You can run the binaries to see cmd line suggestions. 

Hope it helps. 

Thanks,
Surbhi

0 Kudos