Media (Intel® Video Processing Library, Intel Media SDK)
Access community support with transcoding, decoding, and encoding in applications using media tools like Intel® oneAPI Video Processing Library and Intel® Media SDK
Announcements
The Intel Media SDK project is no longer active. For continued support and access to new features, Intel Media SDK users are encouraged to read the transition guide on upgrading from Intel® Media SDK to Intel® Video Processing Library (VPL), and to move to VPL as soon as possible.
For more information, see the VPL website.

Not able to transcode audio stream

Minoli_S_
Beginner

Hello,

I am using Intel INDE 2015 Professional Edition and Intel Media Server Studio Professional Edition. I have downloaded sample tutorial mediasdk-tutorials-0.0.3 from

https://software.intel.com/en-us/media-client-solutions-support/training

System Specifications:

• Intel Core i7-4790 CPU @ 3.90GHz
  • 8 GB RAM
  • Intel HD Graphics 4600
  • Windows 7 OS

I am running simple_transcode_opaque_async tutorial to transcode 1080i stream without audio.

Stream Specifications:

• Codec: H.264
  • Size: 3.67 GB
  • Resolution: 1920x1080

Above stream is successfully transcoded and generates the output stream.

Now I want to know whether I am able to transcode h264 video stream with audio?

Input Stream Specifications:

• Video codec: h264
  • Audio Codec: ac3
  • Size: 3.82 GB
  • Resolution: 1920x1080

Will I be able to transcode video with audio stream?

Thanks and Regards,

Minoli

0 Kudos
14 Replies
Minoli_S_
Beginner

I am using Intel INDE Professional Edition(trial Period) and Intel MSS Professional Edition(trial Period) which has audio plugins. 

But while running sample_full_transcode I am getting error.

Please suggest me a way to transcode audio stream also.

0 Kudos
Jiandong_Z_Intel
Employee

Hi There,

For better understand your system. Please send mediasdk_system_analyzer log to me,  you can find mediasdk_system_analyzer under following folder.

<installed folder>\mediasdk\tools\mediasdk_system_analyzer.

Can you send your command line for  sample_full_transcode ?

What kind of error do you got when run sample_full_transcode  ?

Thanks

Zachary

0 Kudos
Minoli_S_
Beginner

Hello Zachary,

Thank you for your prompt reply.

I have attached result of mediasdk_sys_analyzer and also the log file of sample_full_transcode.

I am getting error while building the project. Error is 

error LNK1104: cannot open file 'libmfx_d.lib'   

Please help me build the solution.

Thanks and Regards,

Minoli

0 Kudos
Minoli_S_
Beginner

Hello,

I am able to solve that error. It found libfmx_d.lib file and generated sample_full_transcode.exe.

But now while running the sample_full_transcode.exe it is showing an error avutil-52.dll missing.

I have attached the error that I am getting.

The command line I am using for executing sample_full_transcode.exe is

sample_full_transcode.exe -i input.mp4 -o output.mp4 -hw

0 Kudos
Jiandong_Z_Intel
Employee

Hi Minoli,

avutil-52.dll is a dynamic load library of ffmpeg, you can setup ffmpeg runtime library for windows from http://ffmpeg.zeranoe.com/builds/.

Thanks

Zachary

0 Kudos
Minoli_S_
Beginner

Hello Zachary,

I downloaded ffmpeg from the link you suggested and also loaded the libraries.

But still problem persists.

Is their any other sample tutorial using which I can transcode audio stream?

Thanks and Regards,

Minoli

0 Kudos
Jiandong_Z_Intel
Employee

Hi Minoli,

What is your current error happened on sample_full_transcode.exe ?

Currently no other sample or tutorial can transcode audio stream except sample_full_transcode.exe.

Following can be found in Media Samples Guide.pdf

Full Transcoding Sample can work with Intel® INDE Audio for Windows and Intel® Media Server Studio –
Audio Decoder & Encoder (hereinafter referred to as “Audio library”).

Thanks,

Zachary

0 Kudos
Minoli_S_
Beginner

Hi Zachary,

Now when I try to run sample_full_transcode.exe it unexpectedly stops working.

The command line I am using to run the sample is:

sample_full_transcode.exe -i input_1080i50.mp4 -o output_1920x1080.mp4 -hw

I have attached the error I am getting and also the log file.

Please help me to get the solution.

Thanks and Regards,

Minoli

0 Kudos
Jiandong_Z_Intel
Employee

Hi Minoli,

It looks like some ffmpeg run time dll missing.

did you install ffmpeg runtime package on your system ?

Another, like Surbhi M. (Intel) mentioned in https://software.intel.com/en-us/forums/intel-media-sdk/topic/598164, sample_full_transcode.exe use MDSK Audio plugin, Other option is to use any opensource implementation like ffmpeg audio package. 

Thanks,

Zachary

0 Kudos
Minoli_S_
Beginner

Hi Zachary,

sorry for late reply.

I have installed ffmpeg that I downloaded from  http://ffmpeg.zeranoe.com/builds/

Are there any other runtime libraries that I need to install?

I am getting an error while running sample_full_transcode.exe.

I have attached the error I am getting.

Command line I am using is 

sample_full_transcode.exe -i input.mp4 -o output.mp4 -hw

Please suggest me a solution for this.

Thanks and Regards,

Minoli

0 Kudos
Jiandong_Z_Intel
Employee

Hi Minoli,

The current error you faced is sample_spl_mux.dll is not exist. You can build sample_spl_mux project, when you open sample_full_transcode workspace you can see this project listed in "Solution Explorer", just build it. this project need FFmpeg setup correctly on your system,  please also build sample_spl_mux_dispatcher, then rebuild sample_full_transcode.

I suggest you follow below to setup FFmpeg environment  in  page 4 "Media Samples Guide.pdf"

6. Building samples with FFmpeg* dependency: Full Transcoding Sample (and Splitters and Muxers Sample)
• Create an environment variable INTELMEDIASDK_FFMPEG_ROOT and point it to FFmpeg* root folder.
• Samples were validated with prebuilt FFmpeg version 2.0.2 (shared libraries), downloaded from Zeranoe
FFmpeg public website.
• Binaries for win64 can be found here: http://ffmpeg.zeranoe.com/builds/win64/shared/ffmpeg-2.0.2-win64-
shared.7z
Binaries for win32 can be found here: http://ffmpeg.zeranoe.com/builds/win32/shared/ffmpeg-2.0.2-win32-
shared.7z
Headers can be found here: http://ffmpeg.zeranoe.com/builds/win64/dev/ffmpeg-2.0.2-win64-dev.7z
NOTE: These binaries have GPL license according to the way they were built. You may rebuild FFmpeg
from sources (link below) to produce LGPL compliant binaries. Please refer to www.ffmpeg.org for more
information on licensing. http://ffmpeg.zeranoe.com/builds/source/ffmpeg/ffmpeg-2.0.2.tar.xz

For the audio transcoding, sample_full_tanscode support convert MP3 to AAC, If you want do this, make sure you have MP3 stream in you input mp4 file. following command line can do the transcoding.

.\sample_full_transcode.exe -i input.mp4 -acodec aac -o output.mp4

please make sure sample_full_transcode can access libmfxaudiosw64.dll, this file should be under "C:\Program Files\Intel\Intel(R) Media Server Studio 2015 R7\Audio Decoder & Encoder\bin\x64".

Thanks,

Zachary

0 Kudos
Ramashankar
New Contributor III

Hi Minoli,

One input from my side (check if this works for you):

If you are not making any code changes in sample_spl_mux module, then you don't need to build it. Just copy the already supplied 'sample_spl_mux.dll' to the path where your 'sample_full_transcode.exe' is being generated (debug/release version).

You may find this 'sample_spl_mux.dll'  at the path : [<intel_sample_installed_folder>/_bin/<Platform>/]

This will solve your MFXSplitter::Init , sts = -2 error I believe, and you need not to setup the ffmpeg environment for this.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Minoli_S_
Beginner

Hi Ramashankar,

Thank you so much for your help.

I am successfully able to solve my error after placing the sample_spl_mux.dll file to the path where my sample_full_transcode.exe is being generated(Debug).

Now, I am able to transcode Full HD stream(with audio).

Thanks,

Minoli

0 Kudos
Minoli_S_
Beginner

Thank you Zachary also for providing support to solve my problem.

You can close the thread now. 

Thank You,

Minoli

0 Kudos