Media (Intel® Video Processing Library, Intel Media SDK)
Access community support with transcoding, decoding, and encoding in applications using media tools like Intel® oneAPI Video Processing Library and Intel® Media SDK
Announcements
The Intel Media SDK project is no longer active. For continued support and access to new features, Intel Media SDK users are encouraged to read the transition guide on upgrading from Intel® Media SDK to Intel® Video Processing Library (VPL), and to move to VPL as soon as possible.
For more information, see the VPL website.

Numerous Intel decoder for d3d9.dll crash

Joe_L_
Beginner

Hi,
I build h264 decoder sample is successful.
When i use a lot of (e.g 4) h264 decoder it crash, error message show "d3d9.dll errorr" on "memory_allocator.cpp"
line 【if (GetFrameHDL(response->mids, (mfxHDL *)&handle) == MFX_ERR_NONE)"】

If use 4k video can run on 4 decoder not crash,
use 1080p video can run on 10 decoder not crash.
but too many it will crash.

This my system info:
CPU : i7-4720HQ
RAM : 8G

Link structure like :
[RTSP Filter (H264) ] -> [Intel H264 Decoder(Build)] -> [EVR]

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Surbhi_M_Intel
Employee

Hi Joe, 

Can you please tell us which driver version you are using? what Media SDK version do you have installed on your system? Can you send us a reproducer to test the application at our end. I tried using sample_multi_transcode in which you can do N decodes, I can easily go till 30 decode sessions on an i5 4th generation system with a little different Integrated graphics card. 

Can you please confirm output of below experiments to narrow down the problem here -
the behavior if you d3d11 instead of d3d9 implementation. 
the behaviour without rtsp filter, please take local file available and test the decoder. 

Let us know your finding to debug this issue in detail. 

Thanks,
Surbhi

0 Kudos
Joe_L_
Beginner

Hi SURBHI,
Thank you for your answer!

I meet new question!
The project activex can read a list build [rtsp->decoder->renderer], it have one or more rtsp video on one time.
i tried use google chrome it not crash, but use ie over 4 rtsp video it crash!
Use the same pc, same rtsp video ,same config.
How do I debug? or How do I fix?

Thank

0 Kudos
Surbhi_M_Intel
Employee

Hi Joe, 

Can you send us a reproducer of your problem to look at? Also, let us know the info of your system and please check if you are using latest drivers. You can get the latest drivers from downloadcenter.intel.com

Thanks,
Surbhi

0 Kudos