Media (Intel® Video Processing Library, Intel Media SDK)
Access community support with transcoding, decoding, and encoding in applications using media tools like Intel® oneAPI Video Processing Library and Intel® Media SDK
Announcements
The Intel Media SDK project is no longer active. For continued support and access to new features, Intel Media SDK users are encouraged to read the transition guide on upgrading from Intel® Media SDK to Intel® Video Processing Library (VPL), and to move to VPL as soon as possible.
For more information, see the VPL website.

OSX Version?

paul1andrews
Beginner

Are there plans for an OSX version of Media SDK?

I read that Quicktime X now uses Quick Sync, so I assume there is some sort of private SDK? 

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Ryan_T_Intel
Employee
You are correct - there are several Apple based software programs that utilize Quick Sync video. Unfortunately, there are currently no plans for the Intel Media SDK to be supported on OS X. We are working closely with Apple to come up with a solution that helps both developers and customers moving forward. We're limited in what we can discuss in a public forum, but if you'd like to learn more about Intel Media SDK and our future plans, please contact me directly - ryan.tabrah@intel.com. Thanks, Ryan Tabrah Intel Media SDK Product Manager
0 Kudos