Media (Intel® Video Processing Library, Intel Media SDK)
Access community support with transcoding, decoding, and encoding in applications using media tools like Intel® oneAPI Video Processing Library and Intel® Media SDK
Announcements
The Intel Media SDK project is no longer active. For continued support and access to new features, Intel Media SDK users are encouraged to read the transition guide on upgrading from Intel® Media SDK to Intel® Video Processing Library (VPL), and to move to VPL as soon as possible.
For more information, see the VPL website.

Older Media SDK version to build apps for XP?

Andreas_B_
Beginner

Hi,
we have some embedded systems running Windos EPOSready 2009 which is based on Windows XP professional. For these I have to develop an application that uses hardware acceleration for encoding a live video to mpeg2 or h.264 to finally store it on disk. My build machine runs Windows 7 Enterprise.
Do I need an older version of Intel media SDK for this configuration, if yes - where can I download this.
If no - can I configure/use the current Intel Media SDK 2014 for Clients R2? Some hints regarding configuration and correct Windows SDK version would be appreciated.
(When trying to use the 2014 R2 I experienced problems even during build, it seems as if a mis-matching version of Windows SDK was installed.)

Thanks+Regards
Andreas

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Surbhi_M_Intel
Employee

Hi Andreas,

You can find this information in the release notes which is present on Media Solution portal page under documents.
Regarding if your system supports HW acceleration, you can find this information from mediasdk_sys_analyzer tool which is present in <Installed folder>/tools/mediasdk_sys_analyzer. You can find readme document in the same folder which briefly explains this tool.
Unfortunately, we don't provide previous year/version Media SDK as we move forward.

Thanks,
-Surbhi

0 Kudos
Andreas_B_
Beginner

Hi Surbhi,

Thanks for teh reply.
Just for clarification: The Intel Media SDK 2014 Developer’s Guide sais: "Only Microsoft* Windows* 7 and Microsoft Windows 8/8.1 operating systems are currently supported." The mediasdk_sys_analyzer tool crashes on the Windows EPOSready 2009.
So it is not possible to build applications for this (old) platform using Intel Media SDK. - Correct?

Thx
Andreas

0 Kudos
Surbhi_M_Intel
Employee

Hi Andreas,

Yes the supported OS is Microsoft Windows 7 , Microsoft Windows 8 or Microsoft Windows 8.1 as mentioned in Media SDK 2014 R2 Release notes.

-Surbhi

0 Kudos