Media (Intel® Video Processing Library, Intel Media SDK)
Access community support with transcoding, decoding, and encoding in applications using media tools like Intel® oneAPI Video Processing Library and Intel® Media SDK
Announcements
The Intel Media SDK project is no longer active. For continued support and access to new features, Intel Media SDK users are encouraged to read the transition guide on upgrading from Intel® Media SDK to Intel® Video Processing Library (VPL), and to move to VPL as soon as possible.
For more information, see the VPL website.

OneVPL and D3DTextures as input

visuall
Beginner

Is it possible to directly encode ID3D11Texture2D video frames and keep using the new internal memory model?

What I have tried is during encode to call MFXMemory_GetSurfaceForEncode then on the returned surface to call GetNativeHandle and get the pointer to the One API internal D3D Texture ( I have initialized the device in hardware mode and have passed D3DDevice during the config step). Here I try to use ID3D11DeviceContext CopyResource so I can transfer my source GPU texture into the Intel one. No errors are thrown or something but the encoded video is with black frames and not the real video data.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
AthiraM_Intel

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Intel communities.

Could you please share the following details?

1. OS you are using?
  2. Sample reproducer code
  3. Exact commands and steps you followed
  4. Input file if possible

Thanks

0 Kudos
AthiraM_Intel

Hi,

We have not heard back from you. Could you please share the details?

Thanks

0 Kudos
AthiraM_Intel

Hi,

We have not heard back from you. This thread will no longer be monitored by Intel. If you need further assistance, please post a new question.

Thanks

0 Kudos