Media (Intel® Video Processing Library, Intel Media SDK)
Access community support with transcoding, decoding, and encoding in applications using media tools like Intel® oneAPI Video Processing Library and Intel® Media SDK
Announcements
The Intel Media SDK project is no longer active. For continued support and access to new features, Intel Media SDK users are encouraged to read the transition guide on upgrading from Intel® Media SDK to Intel® Video Processing Library (VPL), and to move to VPL as soon as possible.
For more information, see the VPL website.

Problem Decoding H.264 Video

Jian_S_
Beginner

When decoding h.264 video, some time the decoded video has a lot of macro blocks and jitter. It happens more often on H.264 1080 HD videos. Attached is a video sample that will show this problem. I'm wondering if any one else has seen similar issues. 

SDK Version: 2016 R2

Testing Software: Intel Media SDK integrated with FFMPEG software downloaded here:

https://software.intel.com/en-us/articles/integrating-intel-media-sdk-with-ffmpeg-for-muxdemuxing-and-audio-encodedecode-usages

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Jiandong_Z_Intel
Employee

Hi There,

Please make sure you are using the most new graphic driver and MSDK version.

Thanks

Zachary

0 Kudos
Jian_S_
Beginner

Yes, I've tried the latest Media SDK and my computer's Intel HD Graphics 4600 driver is update to date. In fact, I've tested the decoding program using three different versions of MSDK (2016, 2016 R2, and 2017), in both hardware and software modes, and in two different computers, and the results are the same with broken video. I've played the video using other decoders, including VLC and FFPLAY, and they play the video fine.

0 Kudos
lin_z_
Beginner

I also meet this problem, and I have no idea to fix this.

0 Kudos