Media (Intel® Video Processing Library, Intel Media SDK)
Access community support with transcoding, decoding, and encoding in applications using media tools like Intel® oneAPI Video Processing Library and Intel® Media SDK
Announcements
The Intel Media SDK project is no longer active. For continued support and access to new features, Intel Media SDK users are encouraged to read the transition guide on upgrading from Intel® Media SDK to Intel® Video Processing Library (VPL), and to move to VPL as soon as possible.
For more information, see the VPL website.

Problem about UV plane using cl_va_api_media_sharing_intel

jin__guoqing
Beginner

I use cl_va_api_media_sharing_intel to share the data between VA API and OpenCL API.
I use clCreateFromVA_APIMediaSurfaceINTEL function to create clImageY shares Y plane of input VA surface(NV12) and create clImageUV shares UV plane of input VA surface(NV12). When I run the program on CentOS 7.4 with MediaSDK2018R1, I found that a few lines of data in the clImageUV plane are zero for some videos(For example, column 0 -31 are zeros, the correct UV value stored in column 32, UV32<->Y0,Y1), the Y plane is correct . But I run the same code on CentOS7.2 with MediaSDK2017R3, there is such problem(UV0<->Y1,Y2). Is there any new about the cl_va_api_media_sharing_intel in MediaSDK2018R1.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Mark_L_Intel1

Hi Guoqing,

As I can see cl_va_api_media_sharing_intel() is an OpenCL function, Media SDK should not have impact to its behavior.

However the behavior change might not come from the Media SDK side, it might caused by kernel driver, user mode driver and libraries; if you can exclude the difference of these components, for example, you switch the MSDK version only in the same CentOS version, we might be able to check it.

Also about your post, I am little bit confused, are you saying it is failed on CentOS 7.4 but succeed on CentOS 7.2?

Mark

0 Kudos
jin__guoqing
Beginner

Hi Mark,

Thanks for your reply!

Yes, the operation succeed on CentOS7.2 but failed on CentOS7.4. We try to install MediaSDK2017R3 on CentOS7.4, but we failed.  

We also test theOpenCL Plug-in Sample to rotate the video with opencl.

#sample_multi_transcode -i::h264 1.h264 -o::h264 out.h264 –opencl –angle 180.

When we play the output video out.h264, we have the same problem .We test several videos with different resolution. We find some resolutions are wrong(320x240), some resolutions are not (480x480). 

0 Kudos