Media (Intel® Video Processing Library, Intel Media SDK)
Access community support with transcoding, decoding, and encoding in applications using media tools like Intel® oneAPI Video Processing Library and Intel® Media SDK
Announcements
The Intel Media SDK project is no longer active. For continued support and access to new features, Intel Media SDK users are encouraged to read the transition guide on upgrading from Intel® Media SDK to Intel® Video Processing Library (VPL), and to move to VPL as soon as possible.
For more information, see the VPL website.

Problem of sample_multi_transcode

tuannm1629
Beginner
Hi,

I have used sample_multi_transcode to transcode MPEG2 file:
sample_multi_transcode.exe -i::mpeg2 sample_mpeg2.m2v -o::h264 out.h264

the input file is from quicktime:
http://a1408.g.akamai.net/5/1408/1388/2005110404/1a1a1ad948be278cff2d96046ad90768d848b41947aa1986/sample_mpeg2.m2v.zip

However, the output file, out.h264, cannot played correctly in vlc or dshowplayer. Many frames is error. I attached the output file here.

Could anyone help us for correct transcode configuration (commandline or sourcecode modify)?

Thanks,
Tuan
0 Kudos
1 Solution
Petter_L_Intel
Employee
Hi Tuan,

The input file you are using is an mpeg container that includes both video frames and audio samples.

Media SDK does not have any support for container handling (such as the mp4 or mpeg container formats). The SDK only operates on elementary video streams. Please refer to the Media SDK "Media Developers Guide" document (chapter 3), part of the SDK package for more information on this topic.

Regards,
Petter

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Petter_L_Intel
Employee
Hi Tuan,

The input file you are using is an mpeg container that includes both video frames and audio samples.

Media SDK does not have any support for container handling (such as the mp4 or mpeg container formats). The SDK only operates on elementary video streams. Please refer to the Media SDK "Media Developers Guide" document (chapter 3), part of the SDK package for more information on this topic.

Regards,
Petter
0 Kudos
tuannm1629
Beginner
Hi Petter,

Thanks for your answer. I forget about that.

Regards,
Tuan
0 Kudos