Media (Intel® Video Processing Library, Intel Media SDK)
Access community support with transcoding, decoding, and encoding in applications using media tools like Intel® oneAPI Video Processing Library and Intel® Media SDK
Announcements
The Intel Media SDK project is no longer active. For continued support and access to new features, Intel Media SDK users are encouraged to read the transition guide on upgrading from Intel® Media SDK to Intel® Video Processing Library (VPL), and to move to VPL as soon as possible.
For more information, see the VPL website.

Problem wiht H.264 Encoder: Only Accept Interlaced Input

JIQUN_S_
Beginner

When I use Logitech web camera and Intel H.264 encoder and decoder in graphedit. Graphedit automatically add color space convert and the output frame like frozen, moving to next frame after 2 or 3 seconds.

After I change to a analog camera, graphedit don't add extra filter between input source and encoder filter and the output frame looks normal. The only problem is the analog output frame looks like interlaced. If I try to add a deinterlace filter between input and encoder filter, the output frame acts just like the web camera.

Since the web camera is progressive scan and the analog camera is interlaced scan, so I wonder the Intel H.264 encoder can only accept interlaced input? If so, how can I deal with the deinterlace thing?

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Jiandong_Z_Intel
Employee

Hi There,

Intel H.264 encoder support both progressive and interlaced input. you can set following parameter for encoder.

mfxVideoParam  m_mfxEncParams.mfx.FrameInfo.PicStruct

But encoder doesn't help to do de-interlace operation, you should use VPP do the de-interlace if you needed.

Thanks

Zachary

0 Kudos