I have installed Intel Media SDK 2016 on my Lenovo Flex3 1580 laptop having Windows 10 Operating system and intel processor. I have downloaded code samples MediaSamples_Windows_6.0.068.msi and trying to run sample_encode. I can successfully encode in sw mode. But I am not able to encode in Hardware (HW) mode.
- Processor: Intel Core i7-6500U CPU @ 2.50 GHz
- RAM: 8 GB
- Operating system: Windows 10 Home(64 bit)
- Driver version: 10.18.15.4279
I downloaded latest graphic driver 22.214.171.124.4300 from downloadcenter.intel.com. But when I try to update my drivers, it fails. It is showing an error. I have attached screenshot of error that I am getting while updating drivers.
I have also attached below the result of Media SDK System Analyzer tool.
Please suggest me why I am not able to encode stream in HW mode? Also how can I update latest graphics driver on my laptop?
Please help me to get the solution.
Thank you in advance.
Thank you sharing complete details of you system and snapshot of the issue. Intel graphics drivers from downloadcenter.intel.com are generic drivers. But, original equipment manufactures (OEMs) provide specific drivers with additional validation. In regard to graphics driver issue observed, the generic driver 126.96.36.199.4300 is yet to validated and distributed by OEM ( Lenovo) . Hence, you are observing graphics driver installation issue when installing the driver. But, I suggest following steps to resolve this driver installation issue.
1) Check with your OEM (Lenovo) support team for latest graphics drivers supported on your system. Install the latest driver supported.
2) From Win10, Microsoft provides automatic driver updates via Windows updates. Check Windows updates and install latest drivers available.
3) You can also manually install graphics driver on you machine. Check out this link: http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/graphics-drivers/000005629.html
4) Once latest driver are installed, you might be interested in thread: https://software.intel.com/en-us/forums/intel-media-sdk/topic/593838
Let me know if any questions.
Thank you so much for your support. I tried the steps you suggested.
By updating windows and also updating graphics driver manually, I was able to solve my problem.
Now with latest drivers, I can successfully encode using HW mode on my Lenovo laptop.
Thank you once again.