Media (Intel® Video Processing Library, Intel Media SDK)
Access community support with transcoding, decoding, and encoding in applications using media tools like Intel® oneAPI Video Processing Library and Intel® Media SDK
Announcements
The Intel Media SDK project is no longer active. For continued support and access to new features, Intel Media SDK users are encouraged to read the transition guide on upgrading from Intel® Media SDK to Intel® Video Processing Library (VPL), and to move to VPL as soon as possible.
For more information, see the VPL website.

Problems about the FrameType display

Zheng_G_
Beginner

Hi,

I intended to see the frame type (I,P,B,etc.) during the encoding stage by checking the "FrameType" as a member of "mfxBitstream" structer.

But it seemed that some of the FrameTypes were not the pre-defined values in "mfxstructurs.h", such as MFX_FRAMETYPE_I =0x0001.

As shown below in my test result, the GOP pattern can be specified actually (I P B B B B P B B B B).

PTS:      1  (0x00c1), DTS:      0
PTS:      6  (0x0042), DTS:      1
PTS:      2  (0x0004), DTS:      2
PTS:      3  (0x0004), DTS:      3
PTS:      4  (0x0004), DTS:      4
PTS:      5  (0x0004), DTS:      5
PTS:     11  (0x0042), DTS:      6
PTS:      7  (0x0004), DTS:      7
PTS:      8  (0x0004), DTS:      8
PTS:      9  (0x0004), DTS:      9
PTS:     10  (0x0004), DTS:     10
PTS:     16  (0x0042), DTS:     11

Any idea how the strange values came?

Thanks 

0 Kudos
1 Solution
OTorg
New Contributor III

Go to the definition of MFX_FRAMETYPE_I and you'll see enum filled with MFX_FRAMETYPE_* flags. FrameType field holds combination of that flags. 0x00c1 = MFX_FRAMETYPE_I | MFX_FRAMETYPE_REF | MFX_FRAMETYPE_IDR, etc.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
OTorg
New Contributor III

Go to the definition of MFX_FRAMETYPE_I and you'll see enum filled with MFX_FRAMETYPE_* flags. FrameType field holds combination of that flags. 0x00c1 = MFX_FRAMETYPE_I | MFX_FRAMETYPE_REF | MFX_FRAMETYPE_IDR, etc.

0 Kudos