Media (Intel® Video Processing Library, Intel Media SDK)
Access community support with transcoding, decoding, and encoding in applications using media tools like Intel® oneAPI Video Processing Library and Intel® Media SDK
Announcements
The Intel Media SDK project is no longer active. For continued support and access to new features, Intel Media SDK users are encouraged to read the transition guide on upgrading from Intel® Media SDK to Intel® Video Processing Library (VPL), and to move to VPL as soon as possible.
For more information, see the VPL website.

Processors that support QuickSync

iroeville
Beginner

I believe that there were a few Sandy Bridge processors that did not do QuickSync, and that the only way to be sure if it was supported was to look up the processor in the Intel Ark and look for QuickSync in its feature list.

Can we assume that ALL Ivy Bridge, Haswell and Broadwell processors can do Quicksync decoding/encoding, or are there still some annoying exceptions that mean we still always have to consult the ark website to find out ?

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Harshdeep_B_Intel

Hi,

Ivy bridge low power mobile has a limited video decoding support and for Haswell and Broadwell processors should support Quicksync. As Quick sync is HW encoding/Decoding which also require correct graphics drivers and updates installed, referring to ARK website is a best place for information. 

Thanks,

0 Kudos
iroeville
Beginner

Thanks, I realize that the Intel drivers must be installed to be able to use the full capabilities (and maybe a BIOS setting change too). I was just trying to ascertain what the actual processors can support.

> Ivy bridge low power mobile has a limited video decoding support and for Haswell and Broadwell processors should support Quicksync

So can you just clarify - Sandy and Ivy Bridge low power mobile processors might not have full Quicksync decode and encode capabilities ? But ALL Haswell and Broadwell processors should have full QuickSync ?

Also, is there a way to search the Ark for all Sandy Bridge or Ivy Bridge processors that do NOT have Quicksync capabilities ?

0 Kudos
Harshdeep_B_Intel

Hi,

Sandy and Ivy Bridge low power mobile processors might not have full Quicksync decode and encode capabilities ? - YES.. But ALL Haswell and Broadwell processors should have full QuickSync ?- Yes, only If correct drivers are installed supporting HW. 

On the ark.intel.com you can select the technologies and select all the Quicksync video and select yes, then all the Haswell/Broadwell/Ivybridge Platforms supporting Intel Quicksync video will be filtered and displayed.

0 Kudos
Harshdeep_B_Intel

Hi,

Yes, some specific SKU of Haswell donot support QuickSync capability. But generally most of the Haswell line of processors do include the capability of Quicksync technology. As, I said referring to ark.intel.com is one stop place to get information on the SKU supporting the quick sync technology.

0 Kudos