Media (Intel® Video Processing Library, Intel Media SDK)
Access community support with transcoding, decoding, and encoding in applications using media tools like Intel® oneAPI Video Processing Library and Intel® Media SDK
Announcements
The Intel Media SDK project is no longer active. For continued support and access to new features, Intel Media SDK users are encouraged to read the transition guide on upgrading from Intel® Media SDK to Intel® Video Processing Library (VPL), and to move to VPL as soon as possible.
For more information, see the VPL website.

Proxy capture level 1.3

kyviquel
Beginner

Hi,

I try to capture a proxy h264 file using level 1.3 with Intel Media software encoder and the encoder return MFX_WRN_INCOMPATIBLE_VIDEO_PARAM, I don`t understand why.

If I capture a similar file using level 3.1 It works.

I attach the 2 log files generated with tracer.exe, one is the log with level 1.3 and the other one is the log with level 3.1.

Can you help me to dertermine what is wrong with level 1.3?

thanks

Karine

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Anthony_P_Intel
Employee

Hi

It looks like you are asking for Level 1.3 with Main Profile and bitrate of 2Mb.  I believe the maximum bitrate of this level is 768Kb.

When you see the MFX_WRN_INCOMPATIBLE_VIDEO_PARAM return, you can use the MFXVideoENCODE_Query call (with your mfxVideoParam as in abd out parameters) and then compare the values to see what parameters the MediaSK implementation needed to change to resolve the compatibility.  In this case, it probably changed the level from 1.3 to 2.0.

0 Kudos
kyviquel
Beginner

hi Tony,

Thanks for the bitrate error, I modified my code but  i have still the same warning problem with the function MFXVideoENCODE_Init.

I tried the MFXVideoENCODE_Query function but it returns a MFX_ERR_UNSUPPORTED error and I can do nothing with that.

I attach a new log file, can you help me to know what I do wrong.

Thanks

Karine

0 Kudos
kyviquel
Beginner

Hi Tony

In now understand why the function MFXVideoENCODE_Query() returns an error. My error was to reset the out parameter to zero memory instead of coping In parameter as Out parameter.

But I still have a problem with proxy resolution and level 1.3. When I call function MFXVideoENCODE_Query() function with the level 1.3 , the out parameter is automatically change to 2.1 level and I don`t understand why?

Can you help me with this, I would like to encode proxy resolution with level 1.3.

I attach a log on what I am trying to do.

Thanks

Karine

0 Kudos
Anthony_P_Intel
Employee

Hi Karine,

Sorry for the slow response.  We are looking at this, and we notice that if progressive encoding is used, a level 1.3 stream is generated.  I hope to have more information soon on why FIELD_BFF encoding sees the need to raise the level to 2.1.

0 Kudos
Anthony_P_Intel
Employee

Hi Karine,

It is our understanding of the H.64/AVC specification that interlaced content is not allowed for levels less than 2.1.  This is why the Media SDK increases the level and provides warning that a parameter has changed.

0 Kudos
kyviquel
Beginner

Hi Tony

Thanks a lot for your help I will change my implementation to do progressive encoding for proxy resolution.

Karine

0 Kudos