Media (Intel® Video Processing Library, Intel Media SDK)
Access community support with transcoding, decoding, and encoding in applications using media tools like Intel® oneAPI Video Processing Library and Intel® Media SDK
Announcements
The Intel Media SDK project is no longer active. For continued support and access to new features, Intel Media SDK users are encouraged to read the transition guide on upgrading from Intel® Media SDK to Intel® Video Processing Library (VPL), and to move to VPL as soon as possible.
For more information, see the VPL website.

Quarter of a frame is getting decoded

Ankush_W_
New Contributor I

I have come across a problem here. I have two machines a i7 2600k on which the hardware decoding is working fine but the same code on a i7 4770k seems to decode like just a quarter of a frame for each frame. I am using SDK 2013 R2.

Another thing I noticed is that on the i7 2600k machine the DecodeHeader() is returning different values as follows

i7 2600k - mfx.FrameInfo.FrameRateExtN = 240000   mfx.FrameInfo.FrameRateExtD = 9600

i7 4770k - mfx.FrameInfo.FrameRateExtN = 50   mfx.FrameInfo.FrameRateExtD = 2

The one information decoded by 4770k is accurate as the frames are interlaced but it dosent return entire frames on 4770k.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Ankush_W_
New Contributor I

I have figured out that its the VPP thats cutting the frame off and not the decoder. Any help with why it must be hapening so?

Thank you

-Ankush

0 Kudos
Sravanthi_K_Intel

Hey Ankush,

Can you please let us know what tutorial/sample you are using? That will help us help you.

If you are using the simple_6_decode_vpp_postproc, the VPP out params specifies the output should be quarter resolution: 

VPPParams.vpp.Out.CropW = VPPParams.vpp.In.CropW / 2;   // Resize to half size resolution
VPPParams.vpp.Out.CropH = VPPParams.vpp.In.CropH / 2;

Anyway, some more information about your code would be helpful

0 Kudos
Ankush_W_
New Contributor I

Hi Sravanthi,

Thanks for replying, and I have developed a application of my own for decoding and colourspace conversion using vpp. I am attaching the logs recorded by the very tools provided with the SDK. Hope you find em useful.

Thank you

-Ankush

0 Kudos
Ankush_W_
New Contributor I

Hi Sravanthi,

The problem I had is been solved. The Problem was in assigning the memory to the VPP surface's components (i.e R, G, B, A). due to which the data was lost and only Quarter of a frame was being displayed. But i still dont understand how could it perfectly run on a i7-2600k. Anyways thank you.

Regards

-Ankush

0 Kudos