Media (Intel® Video Processing Library, Intel Media SDK)
Access community support with transcoding, decoding, and encoding in applications using media tools like Intel® oneAPI Video Processing Library and Intel® Media SDK
Announcements
The Intel Media SDK project is no longer active. For continued support and access to new features, Intel Media SDK users are encouraged to read the transition guide on upgrading from Intel® Media SDK to Intel® Video Processing Library (VPL), and to move to VPL as soon as possible.
For more information, see the VPL website.

QuickSYnc Media Encode/Decode Acceleration

Tibet_M_
Beginner

Hi,
I have MSS Pro installed on my system. I would like to run VLC using the MSS video accelerator to benchmark some video apps. How do I know if VLC is using the MSS QuickSync accelerator ? If not, how do I configure VLC to use it?

Also, after installing MSS, when I tried to download the driver Intel suggested, I get the message the recommended driver is not the latest one as installed by MSS:

Comment by Robert Ioffe (Intel):

Please download and install an Intel Graphics Driver from here: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/search?keyword=Intel%c2%ae+HD+Graphics+5500+for+5th+Generation+Intel%c2%ae+Core%e2%84%a2+Processors

My platform is a NUC with i5-5300U, HD Graphics 5500, running Windows 7

Secondly, does the video encode and decode share the same hardware, or use different hardware? In other words, the number of concurrent H.264 decodes I could get is dependent on concurrent H.264 encodes?

Thanks.

Tibet

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Alexey_F_Intel
Employee

Hi Tibet, you better to split this topic to 2-3 to get answered all you questions: VLC, MSS driver and HW resource sharing. Keep it simple: 1 issue/question - 1 forum topic.

Thanks, Alexey

0 Kudos
Surbhi_M_Intel
Employee

Hi Tibet, 

I will answer your MSS driver question here and you can start different threads for other topics. 
Media Server Studio comes with the driver, sow hen you install the latest edition driver gets installed with it. If you are experiencing any issue regarding driver update, please check Intel driver utility at https://downloadcenter.intel.com/ 

Thanks,
Surbhi

0 Kudos