Media (Intel® Video Processing Library, Intel Media SDK)
Access community support with transcoding, decoding, and encoding in applications using media tools like Intel® oneAPI Video Processing Library and Intel® Media SDK
Announcements
The Intel Media SDK project is no longer active. For continued support and access to new features, Intel Media SDK users are encouraged to read the transition guide on upgrading from Intel® Media SDK to Intel® Video Processing Library (VPL), and to move to VPL as soon as possible.
For more information, see the VPL website.

QuickSync encodign output to VC-1

diamantis__nikos

Hello.

Latest MediaSDK supports HW accelerated decoding of MPEG2/H.264/VC-1 and HW accelerated encoding of MPEG2/H.264.

There is also support for encoding of MJPEG, in software.

I think VC-1 is more common than MJPEG and it's already HW accelerated in decoding.

Is there a reason of not offering HW accelerated encoding of VC-1 ?

Are you going to support it in a later release ?

Thanks!

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Jeffrey_M_Intel1
Employee

Thanks for your feedback.  As you can imagine, adding new HW accelerated codecs is not easy to do.  While VC-1 encode isn't on any roadmaps that I know of, we're always glad to hear about interest for future planning. 

0 Kudos
diamantis__nikos

Hi,

As a matter of fact, you have zero competition in this field, AMD and Nvidia can only output H.264 format.

The reason I asked for VC-1 encoding, is because you already support both the other two codecs (H.264, MPEG2) and the third codec is not so popular (MJPEG).

Thanks.

0 Kudos