Media (Intel® Video Processing Library, Intel Media SDK)
Access community support with transcoding, decoding, and encoding in applications using media tools like Intel® oneAPI Video Processing Library and Intel® Media SDK
Announcements
The Intel Media SDK project is no longer active. For continued support and access to new features, Intel Media SDK users are encouraged to read the transition guide on upgrading from Intel® Media SDK to Intel® Video Processing Library (VPL), and to move to VPL as soon as possible.
For more information, see the VPL website.

Quicksync support for WSL2?

jalaka
Beginner

Is there any way to use the Quicksync encoder within a WSL2 VM?

And if not are there plans to add this feature in the future?

0 Kudos
6 Replies
nichtrobin
Beginner

/bump

0 Kudos
AthiraM_Intel

Hi,

Thanks for reaching out to us.

We are checking on it internally. We will get back to you soon with an update.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Mark_L_Intel1

Hi Jonas,

This is a good request and we are interested on supporting WSL2 for Windows.

The complication of this request is both logistics and implementation, I assume less change on driver itself.

We are actively working on the investigation to make the decision, I will keep you updated.

Mark

0 Kudos
jalaka
Beginner
0 Kudos
Mark_L_Intel1

Hi Jonas

Based on the recent decisions, hardware video accelerator(quicksync) will not be supported by WSL2.

Let me know if you have any business justification on this, I can sent the feedback to dev team for consideration.

Mark Liu

0 Kudos
AthiraM_Intel

Hi,

We have not heard back from you. This thread will no longer be monitored by Intel. If you need further assistance, please post a new question.

Thanks.

0 Kudos