Media (Intel® Video Processing Library, Intel Media SDK)
Access community support with transcoding, decoding, and encoding in applications using media tools like Intel® oneAPI Video Processing Library and Intel® Media SDK
Announcements
The Intel Media SDK project is no longer active. For continued support and access to new features, Intel Media SDK users are encouraged to read the transition guide on upgrading from Intel® Media SDK to Intel® Video Processing Library (VPL), and to move to VPL as soon as possible.
For more information, see the VPL website.

Regarding Intel(R) Media Server Studio 2015 target OS, why drop Ubuntu support?

Jonghak_K_Intel
Employee

Hi ,

I was wondering why IMSS has stopped supporting Ubuntu after 12.04 LTS ?

One of our customers wanted to use Media SDK on Ubuntu but it seems like if they want to use the latest features, they must go with CentOS.

Thank you in advance !

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Surbhi_M_Intel
Employee

Hi Jon, 

You can still use Intel Media Server Studio on Ubuntu through Generic OS model mentioned in getting started guide. Ubuntu is not gold OS, which means we develop & validate on gold OS. 

Thanks,
Surbhi

0 Kudos
Sean_S_1
Beginner

I don't suppose anyone has a link to the files they reference in the getting started guide?  I've been trying to find the linux community edition and can't seem to find anything.

--Thanks

0 Kudos
Surbhi_M_Intel
Employee

Hi Sean,

You can download Linux and windows version of community edition from our website. 
For the documentation - all the release notes, getting started guides or any other manuals existing for essential edition is applicable to community edition as well. More info about community edition  can be found here - https://software.intel.com/en-us/intel-media-server-studio/details#community. 

Sorry for not making it very clear in our documentation, we are trying to improve it. Let us know if you have any questions about the product & the documentation.

Thanks,
Surbhi

0 Kudos