Media (Intel® Video Processing Library, Intel Media SDK)
Access community support with transcoding, decoding, and encoding in applications using media tools like Intel® oneAPI Video Processing Library and Intel® Media SDK
Announcements
The Intel Media SDK project is no longer active. For continued support and access to new features, Intel Media SDK users are encouraged to read the transition guide on upgrading from Intel® Media SDK to Intel® Video Processing Library (VPL), and to move to VPL as soon as possible.
For more information, see the VPL website.

Relation of Quick Sync Video and Intel Media SDK

IDZ_A_Intel
Employee
Hi all,

What is Quick Sync Video?
It's difficult for me to comprehend QSV.

I think that if I use a CPU which supports QSVand Intel Media SDK then I use QSV function of that CPU.
Is it right?

Regards,
kmjlove130
0 Kudos
2 Replies
IDZ_A_Intel
Employee
Hi kmjlove130,
Please see my answer to your other post on the same topic.
http://software.intel.com/en-us/forums/showthread.php?t=84752&p=1#156393

0 Kudos
Anthony_P_Intel
Employee

Hi,

I'm not on the Intel 'legal' or 'marketing' teams, but I believe you can think of Intel Quick Sync Video as the technology in our platforms, and the Intel Media SDK as a tool that allows you to write applications that use it.

If your developing a Media-centric application and you would like it to take advantage of QSV, please take a look at the Intel_Media_Developers_Guild.pdf document in the Media SDK and let us know if you have and further questions.

Thanks for your interest in the Media SDK

-Tony

0 Kudos