Media (Intel® Video Processing Library, Intel Media SDK)
Access community support with transcoding, decoding, and encoding in applications using media tools like Intel® oneAPI Video Processing Library and Intel® Media SDK
Announcements
The Intel Media SDK project is no longer active. For continued support and access to new features, Intel Media SDK users are encouraged to read the transition guide on upgrading from Intel® Media SDK to Intel® Video Processing Library (VPL), and to move to VPL as soon as possible.
For more information, see the VPL website.

Rendering options for Sample_decode

HemanthKum_G_Intel

Hi,

We would like to explore the following specific requirement:-

Package:- MediaServerStudioEssentials2017R2

Sample:- 

Device: Intel® NUC Kit NUC5i5MYHE

Requirement: sample_decode with -r option to render on screen while decoding. Which player and how to associate for rendering on screen?

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Seunghyuk_P_Intel

Hi,

"sample_decode" will create a window and display decoded image there.

$ ./sample_decode h264 -i input.264 -o test.out -r

I verified this in Ubuntu, but it will be same to CentOS also.

Regards,

Peter.

0 Kudos
HemanthKum_G_Intel

Hi,

The question is specific to CentOS. Work pattern for Ubuntu and CentOS are different. CentOS doesn't provide default renderer like Ubuntu does. One has to go through tedious steps of enabling GStreamer. So let us know if there is an happy path to render frames while decoding using Intel Media SDK. Only by this way one can measure the load balancing between CPU while processing frames and GPU while rendering those frames instantly.

0 Kudos