Media (Intel® Video Processing Library, Intel Media SDK)
Access community support with transcoding, decoding, and encoding in applications using media tools like Intel® oneAPI Video Processing Library and Intel® Media SDK
Announcements
The Intel Media SDK project is no longer active. For continued support and access to new features, Intel Media SDK users are encouraged to read the transition guide on upgrading from Intel® Media SDK to Intel® Video Processing Library (VPL), and to move to VPL as soon as possible.
For more information, see the VPL website.

Required Frame Numbers

lonely_hearts_club

In h264_enc_filter, I noitce the NotifyAllocator() method will return E_FAIL if  cBuffers < nMin. I know this is because  h264_enc_filter needs to restrict the minimum number of the input frame surfaces required for encoding initialization.

When I implement a upstream filter,I can set cBuffers to a proper value. However, sometimes I just need to use some other filters which I don't have the source code.

For example, I tried connecting the Infinite_Pin_Tee_Filter to the h264_enc_filter and it failed. The cBuffers value in the allocator property was set to 1, which is smaller than the minimum number of frames required by the encoder filter. What can I do in this situation? Thank you!

Regards.

-Patrick

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Petter_L_Intel
Employee
Hi Patrick, The topic has been discussed earlier on this forum. http://software.intel.com/en-us/forums/topic/311877 (maybe the above post will be of some help?) There may not be a perfect solution available, so you may have to explore modifying or creating your own Tee filter. Regards, Petter
0 Kudos
lonely_hearts_club
Petter Larsson (Intel) wrote:

Hi Patrick,

The topic has been discussed earlier on this forum.
http://software.intel.com/en-us/forums/topic/311877

(maybe the above post will be of some help?)

There may not be a perfect solution available, so you may have to explore modifying or creating your own Tee filter.

Regards,
Petter

Hi,Petter I have temporarily solved the problem by ignoring if(nMin > (mfxU32)props.cBuffers) { hr = E_FAIL; } I hope I will not run across any problems by doing this.;) Many thanks -Patrick
0 Kudos