Media (Intel® Video Processing Library, Intel Media SDK)
Access community support with transcoding, decoding, and encoding in applications using media tools like Intel® oneAPI Video Processing Library and Intel® Media SDK
Announcements
The Intel Media SDK project is no longer active. For continued support and access to new features, Intel Media SDK users are encouraged to read the transition guide on upgrading from Intel® Media SDK to Intel® Video Processing Library (VPL), and to move to VPL as soon as possible.
For more information, see the VPL website.

Rotate Plugin Sample Problem

FAN_Z_1
Beginner

Hi there,

I  have a problem while running the sample_encode_drm, seemed the opencl rotate plugin didn't function properly, In function OpenCLRotator180Context::OpenCLRotator180Context, Create Opencl Context returned CL_OUT_OF_RESOURCES .I already got the correct platform "Intel R OpenCL" and the Device "Intel Graphics". I'm not familiar with Opencl developping, so I appreciate it if you can give me some clues on  what might went wrong.Also, do I need to install a special graphics driver. 

My SDK version is MediaServerStudio2015SDKPreview3, API version 1.11,Operation system is CENTOS7.0.,Implement on HW.The hardware environment is I7-4770K, Graphics card is  Intel(R) HD Graphics 4600.By the way, the encode sample seemed work alright  without Opencl,problem  occured when Implement opencl without VA surface sharing.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Jeffrey_M_Intel1
Employee

Media Server Studio R3 is now available.  Do you still see the problem with this release?

I have not been able to replicate the problem with R3.  Here are the steps I used to run the samples with the OpenCL plugin:

1. Install Media Server Studio R3 using the steps in the Getting Started Guide.  This installs everything needed for Media SDK and OpenCL development (except cmake...)
  2. Install cmake
  3. Download the samples package.  (The binary Media SDK samples included with R3 don't have libsample_plugin_opencl.so and ocl_rotate.cl.  They won't work for OpenCL tests.)
  4. Build the samples ("perl build.pl --cmake=intel64.make.release --build")
  5. cd to the _cmake/intel64.make.release/__bin/release directory
  6. Make sure the current directory (.) is in your shared library load path.  This can be done with "export LD_LIBRARY_PATH='./'"
  7. Run the sample: ./sample_encode_drm h264 -i ~/foreman_cif.yuv -o test1.h264 -hw -w 352 -h 288 -opencl -angle 180
0 Kudos