Media (Intel® Video Processing Library, Intel Media SDK)
Access community support with transcoding, decoding, and encoding in applications using media tools like Intel® oneAPI Video Processing Library and Intel® Media SDK
Announcements
The Intel Media SDK project is no longer active. For continued support and access to new features, Intel Media SDK users are encouraged to read the transition guide on upgrading from Intel® Media SDK to Intel® Video Processing Library (VPL), and to move to VPL as soon as possible.
For more information, see the VPL website.

SEI are out of order

Rosen__Daniel
Beginner

I'm adding user_data_registered_itu_t_t35 SEI messages during an H.264 encoding, and the SEI messages are being stored in the bitstream in the display order instead of encoding order.  The encoder is set to accept frames in display order, and the encoded frames are being encoded correctly.  

Shouldn't the SEI messages associated with each frame also be in display order?    Tracked the problem by adding a sequence byte to each SEI buffer, and the sequence increases for each SEI NAL.

Any idea on what I might be doing wrong?

0 Kudos
21 Replies
Prashanth_D_
Beginner

Hi,

Any update on this issue? Has this got fixed in any of the recent versions of Intel Media SDK?

I am facing the same problem even with Media Server Studio 2015 R6 while trying to add SEI message for H.264 AVC encoding.

Regards,

Prashanth Dixit

0 Kudos