Media (Intel® Video Processing Library, Intel Media SDK)
Access community support with transcoding, decoding, and encoding in applications using media tools like Intel® oneAPI Video Processing Library and Intel® Media SDK
Announcements
The Intel Media SDK project is no longer active. For continued support and access to new features, Intel Media SDK users are encouraged to read the transition guide on upgrading from Intel® Media SDK to Intel® Video Processing Library (VPL), and to move to VPL as soon as possible.
For more information, see the VPL website.
3056 Discussions

Sample_decode with a MPEG4 movie from iOS returns error code -3 in pipeline_decode.cpp (414)

surendarchandra
Beginner
[it doesnt post my message - just the heading :-(]

I am trying to use sample_decode on a H264 movie created on an iOS device (using AVFileTypeMPEG4, AVFileTypeQuickTimeMovie and AVFileTypeAppleM4v). I tried with and without the hw option. I tried on an i7-2600 and i7-860 processor. I am using Windows 7 - enterprice. Any help is much appreciated
0 Kudos
1 Solution
Petter_L_Intel
Employee
Hi,

The reason you cannot decode the file is two-fold.
(1) Media SDK does not have any support for container handling (such as the mp4 format). The SDK only operates on elementary video streams. Please refer to the Media SDK "Media Developers Guide" document (chapter 3), part of the SDK package for more information on this topic.

(2) For HW acceleration to work, the sample code assumes that Intel GPU is available and set as primary graphics adapter. The BIOS settings should allow you to select either or both of the GPUs as active. Not sure I can help you beyond that suggestion due to the huge range of BIOSes from different OEMs. You may try to just physically remove the AMD GPU to see what happens.

Regards,
Petter

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
9 Replies
surendarchandra
Beginner
And,I am using the Media SDK 2012 with Visual Studio 2010 Ultimate.

Thanks
-S
0 Kudos
Petter_L_Intel
Employee
Hi,

Seems you may be trying to use MVC decode on an H.264 file?

Anyhow, could you please provide the exact command line parameters you used to decode the stream and preferably also the video stream itself?

Regards,
Petter
0 Kudos
surendarchandra
Beginner
I am using
sample_decode.exe -hw h264 -i 0.mp4 -o data.yuv. I will upload the sample video shortly.
0 Kudos
surendarchandra
Beginner
Here is the movie file. Hope the system does not process it?
0 Kudos
surendarchandra
Beginner
Here is the movie file. Hope the system does not process it?
0 Kudos
surendarchandra
Beginner
Related question: My system has a i7 2600 processor and Intel Desktop board DP67BG and AMD graphics card. As far as I can tell, the processor has a builtin Intel HD graphics but I can't access it via the BIOS. The BIOS only sees the AMD GPU. I cannot install the Intel HD graphiics driver either (complains that "This computer does not meet the minimum requirements for installing the software". Will I be able to use the hw acceleration on this computer?
0 Kudos
Petter_L_Intel
Employee
Hi,

The reason you cannot decode the file is two-fold.
(1) Media SDK does not have any support for container handling (such as the mp4 format). The SDK only operates on elementary video streams. Please refer to the Media SDK "Media Developers Guide" document (chapter 3), part of the SDK package for more information on this topic.

(2) For HW acceleration to work, the sample code assumes that Intel GPU is available and set as primary graphics adapter. The BIOS settings should allow you to select either or both of the GPUs as active. Not sure I can help you beyond that suggestion due to the huge range of BIOSes from different OEMs. You may try to just physically remove the AMD GPU to see what happens.

Regards,
Petter
0 Kudos
surendarchandra
Beginner

0 Kudos
surendarchandra
Beginner

0 Kudos