Media (Intel® Video Processing Library, Intel Media SDK)
Access community support with transcoding, decoding, and encoding in applications using media tools like Intel® oneAPI Video Processing Library and Intel® Media SDK
Announcements
The Intel Media SDK project is no longer active. For continued support and access to new features, Intel Media SDK users are encouraged to read the transition guide on upgrading from Intel® Media SDK to Intel® Video Processing Library (VPL), and to move to VPL as soon as possible.
For more information, see the VPL website.

Screen Capture removed from Media SDK 2018 R1

Ramashankar
New Contributor III

Hi,

I installed Media SDK 2018 R1 and noticed that screen capture plugin and its sample code has been removed from this release. It is mentioned as 'deprecated' in release note. So I want to knwo:

1. Is any alternative for screen capture feature available in this sdk?

2. As we are using screen capture and h264 decoder both in our product so I am in doubt whether I should migrate to this sdk version or not. Can you please clarify/share your future plan for screen capture feature?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
berthonneau__olivier

Does anyone has informations on this ?

0 Kudos
Ramashankar
New Contributor III

Hi,

Is there any clarification or explanation on this? How are we suppose to use screen capture plugin in IMSDK 2018 R1?

0 Kudos
Filoktimon_R_Intel

You’re right, screen capture plugin is deprecated and there is no plan to support it. There is no alternative in Media SDK, but the solution might be to use Desktop Duplication API by Microsoft.

Best Regards,

Filoktimon

0 Kudos