Media (Intel® Video Processing Library, Intel Media SDK)
Access community support with transcoding, decoding, and encoding in applications using media tools like Intel® oneAPI Video Processing Library and Intel® Media SDK
Announcements
The Intel Media SDK project is no longer active. For continued support and access to new features, Intel Media SDK users are encouraged to read the transition guide on upgrading from Intel® Media SDK to Intel® Video Processing Library (VPL), and to move to VPL as soon as possible.
For more information, see the VPL website.
3056 Discussions

Separated streams for AVC and MVC decoder ? Or Simple decoder MVC ?

Nicolas_D_
Beginner

Hi,

Does anyone could provide a AVC and MVC decoder example with 2 inputs streams ? One for .264, another for .mvc.

Or simply a MVC decoder like simple_2_decode in Intel SDK tutorial ?

Thanks !

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Petter_L_Intel
Employee

Hi Nicolas,

MVC streams generated by Media SDK MVC encoder are stored as one single bit stream, not as two separate streams. The MVC decoder requires a single MVC stream (with 2 views) as input, as illustrated in the Media SDK sample "sample_decode".

We unfortunately do not have any tutorial oriented code for MVC usages.

Regards,
Petter

0 Kudos
W_C_
Beginner

Hi,

I have faced the same problem - I have two elementary streams (base and dependent) and I cannot use them in decoder as it requires mergerd elementary stream. Do you have at least any idea how to work arround this problem ?

Regards

Witold

0 Kudos
Anthony_P_Intel
Employee

HI, The Intel Media SDK does not support merging base (AVC) and dependent MVC streams.  Other solutions for this usage may exist in other community open source projects.

0 Kudos
Nicolas_D_
Beginner

Hi,

I have not found myself a solution to work around this problem but there are several persons on a Video Forum who have found a solution. Source code for a MVC decoder is avalaible if you want.

But they have perhaps found some bugs in Intel Media SDK (glitches on decoded MVC stream and VC-1 bug when Hardware Acceleration is enabled), so do you know if a new Intel Media SDK will be avalaible soon ?

Thanks ! 

0 Kudos
Donald_G_
Beginner

W C. wrote:

I have faced the same problem - I have two elementary streams (base and dependent) and I cannot use them in decoder as it requires mergerd elementary stream. Do you have at least any idea how to work arround this problem ?

If you don't mind merging the streams manually, here is my utility to do that:

http://neuron2.net/dgmvccombine/dgmvccombine102.zip

You can also find on my site an MVC Avisynth source filter that accepts two streams and combines them internally.

0 Kudos
Anthony_P_Intel
Employee

Hi Nicolas,

re: 'VC-1 bug when Hardware Acceleration" you can find a 'Beta' driver is already available on intel.com.

I'm not able to provide a specific date of the next Media SDK update at the moment, however we are always improving the SDK and generally provide a few updates each year.  Drivers for Windows client operating systems that provide hardware implementation of the MSDK are updated more frequently, and are delivered on new platforms, supplied by Microsoft through Windows Update, and/or made available on intel.com.

0 Kudos