Media (Intel® Video Processing Library, Intel Media SDK)
Access community support with transcoding, decoding, and encoding in applications using media tools like Intel® oneAPI Video Processing Library and Intel® Media SDK
Announcements
The Intel Media SDK project is no longer active. For continued support and access to new features, Intel Media SDK users are encouraged to read the transition guide on upgrading from Intel® Media SDK to Intel® Video Processing Library (VPL), and to move to VPL as soon as possible.
For more information, see the VPL website.

Set Encoding Frame Order

Mohammad_T_1
Beginner

Hello,

I am using Intel Media SDK 388 version 1.16. I do Encode raw data in h264 and it's working fine. Encoding parameters are:

m_mfxEncParams.mfx.EncodedOrder = 0; 
m_mfxEncParams.mfx.IdrInterval = 0;
m_mfxEncParams.mfx.GopPicSize = 24;
m_mfxEncParams.mfx.GopRefDist = 3;

m_mfxEncParams.mfx.CodecProfile = MFX_PROFILE_AVC_MAIN;   

The encoded h264 file is working fine. Output frames are in orders: IPBBPBBPBB... and so on.

But for one requirement i want to change the Frame orders as IBBPBBPBBP... and so on.

I tried to change Encode order by changing m_mfxEncParams.mfx.EncodedOrder = 1; but not succeeded.  

So please guide me, how can in set Encoding Frame order. 

Thank you

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Anna_B_Intel
Employee

Hi Mohammad,

First of all you should update your Media SDK up to Media SDK 2016 R2.

To have gop-structure "IBBPBBPBBP" you should set m_mfxEncParams.mfx.EncodedOrder = 1; and specify type of frames by FrameType enumerator (see details in mediasdk-man.pdf).

Best wishes,

Anna

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Anna_B_Intel
Employee

Hi Mohammad,

First of all you should update your Media SDK up to Media SDK 2016 R2.

To have gop-structure "IBBPBBPBBP" you should set m_mfxEncParams.mfx.EncodedOrder = 1; and specify type of frames by FrameType enumerator (see details in mediasdk-man.pdf).

Best wishes,

Anna

0 Kudos