Media (Intel® Video Processing Library, Intel Media SDK)
Access community support with transcoding, decoding, and encoding in applications using media tools like Intel® oneAPI Video Processing Library and Intel® Media SDK
Announcements
The Intel Media SDK project is no longer active. For continued support and access to new features, Intel Media SDK users are encouraged to read the transition guide on upgrading from Intel® Media SDK to Intel® Video Processing Library (VPL), and to move to VPL as soon as possible.
For more information, see the VPL website.

Set Progressive flag to 1

Celio_A_
Beginner

Hi,  need to know how to set in sample_multi_transcode and sample_encode general_progressive_source_flag to 1, can someone help me out?

Regards

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Mark_L_Intel1

Hi Celio,

Could you explain more about "general_progressive_source_flag", this seems not the argument of our sample code.

Mark

0 Kudos
Celio_A_
Beginner

OK its for Hevc , it needs the flag general_progressive_source_flag to = 1 i think its in sei nal i need to check

0 Kudos
Mark_L_Intel1

Hi Celio,

I can see this code, it looks like related to the header of stream.

https://github.com/Intel-Media-SDK/MediaSDK/blob/0e50c533fc57f06af703ed41614d170972ed10a5/_studio/hevce_hw/h265/src/mfx_h265_encode_hw_utils.cpp#L1403

I believe if you set mfxEncParams.mfx.FrameInfo.PicStruct to MFX_PICSTRUCT_PROGRESSIVE, you will set this flag to 1.

Mark Liu

0 Kudos
Celio_A_
Beginner

Hi Mark i did what u sayd and still don't are flagged = 1, can u look this to me?

general_progressive_source_flag:      No it need to be Yes

0 Kudos
Mark_L_Intel1

Hi Celio,

Not quite understand your question, you want general_progressive_source_flag set to 1, in our code it is defined as general.progressive_source_flag, I was saying if you set the field PicStructure to MFX_PICSTURE_PROGRESSIVE in the input video parameter structure, you set general.progressive_source_flag to true or "yes" whatever you expected.

If you have an issue, could you let me know how to reproduce it?

Mark

0 Kudos
Celio_A_
Beginner

Mark i tryed both types 

mfxEncParams.mfx.FrameInfo.PicStruct = MFX_PICSTRUCT_PROGRESSIVE; 

and _mfxEncParams.mfx.ExtendedPicStruct = MFX_PICSTRUCT_PROGRESSIVE;

I don't know what to try now, simple this parameters don't enable general_progressive_source_flag = 1, the first parameter enable high tier to 1

Regards

0 Kudos