Media (Intel® Video Processing Library, Intel Media SDK)
Access community support with transcoding, decoding, and encoding in applications using media tools like Intel® oneAPI Video Processing Library and Intel® Media SDK
Announcements
The Intel Media SDK project is no longer active. For continued support and access to new features, Intel Media SDK users are encouraged to read the transition guide on upgrading from Intel® Media SDK to Intel® Video Processing Library (VPL), and to move to VPL as soon as possible.
For more information, see the VPL website.

Setting up desired GOP Sequence

Anonymous27
Beginner

Hello,

I wanted to know how to set up the GOP sequence to be all Closed. What settings do I need to achieve this?

I currently have the following code set up in addition to the GOPPicSize and GOPRefDist set but when I check the GOP flag some are closed and some are open.

pMFXInfo->GopOptFlag     =    MFX_GOP_CLOSED;   (or I've tried  pMFXInfo->GopOptFlag     =    MFX_GOP_STRICT;)
    pMFXInfo->IdrInterval         =    0;

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Jeffrey_M_Intel1
Employee

You've got the right group of parameters and the settings seem very reasonable.  Are you encoding to H.264 or MPEG2?   With H.264 IDR implies closed GOP.  

0 Kudos
Anonymous27
Beginner

I am currently encoding in both H264 and MPEG2. I am using the IDR setting in the H264 encode. When I analyze the MPEG2 file in MProbe the GOP has a pattern of being closed for a few frames, then open for another few, then closed again, etc.

0 Kudos