Media (Intel® Video Processing Library, Intel Media SDK)
Access community support with transcoding, decoding, and encoding in applications using media tools like Intel® oneAPI Video Processing Library and Intel® Media SDK
Announcements
The Intel Media SDK project is no longer active. For continued support and access to new features, Intel Media SDK users are encouraged to read the transition guide on upgrading from Intel® Media SDK to Intel® Video Processing Library (VPL), and to move to VPL as soon as possible.
For more information, see the VPL website.

Several SEI for closed captions

maxim-sharabayko
New Contributor I

Hi.

Lately we have implemented closed captions encoding for Intel MediaSDK boosted AVC Encoder. Everything works fine except one usage case.

When we have several closed captioning data (e.g. SCTE and ATSC captions), we should put them in different SEI. So we create to user data payloads: one for each CC data. When coding is progressive, everything is ok. But when coding is interlaced, encoder puts these SEI like this:

PPS
SEI (buffering period)
SEI (picture timing - top field)
SEI (user data registered - SCTE CC)
I SLICE Data (top field)
AUD
SEI (picture timing - bottom field)
SEI (user data - ATSC CC)
P SLICE Data (bottom field)

What should be done to put both SEI user data in the top field?

Regards,

Maxim Sharabayko

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Anthony_P_Intel
Employee
HI, Thanks for the good question. I do not know but I will find out and report back here. -Tony
0 Kudos
Anthony_P_Intel
Employee
Hi Maxim, From Referene Manual discussing the mfxEncodeCtrl stucture: "“…for field pictures, odd payloads are associated with the first field and even payloads are associated with the second field. …”. It may be possible to use 3 payloads to have your two CC playloads (1 & 3) appear with the first (top) field and a "dummy" payload (2) in the second field. -Tony
0 Kudos
maxim-sharabayko
New Contributor I
Hi Tony. Thank you, it works! -Maxim
0 Kudos