Media (Intel® Video Processing Library, Intel Media SDK)
Access community support with transcoding, decoding, and encoding in applications using media tools like Intel® oneAPI Video Processing Library and Intel® Media SDK
Announcements
The Intel Media SDK project is no longer active. For continued support and access to new features, Intel Media SDK users are encouraged to read the transition guide on upgrading from Intel® Media SDK to Intel® Video Processing Library (VPL), and to move to VPL as soon as possible.
For more information, see the VPL website.

Several questions about HEVC encode

wu__frank
Beginner

Recently I am study on Intel media sdk and prepare to use it to encode HEVC bitstream.

Download Intel® Media SDK 2016 R2 and install it. I also download mediasdk-tutorials-0.0.3 and run sample_encode on Win7 intel i7 3770 CPU, vs2013, default H264 bitstram is ok, but something wrong occurred as follows description when I modify source code from  CodecID from AVC to HEVC. 

1.  Unsupported feature/library load error. c:\users\wg\desktop\mediasdk-tutorials-0.0.3\mediasdk-tutorials-0.0.3\simple_3_encode\src\simple_encode.cpp 129 Press any key to continue . . .
0 Kudos
1 Reply
Stav_S_Intel
Employee

Hi Frank,

For HEVC you would need to download the HEVC plug in- please follow the instruction on the getting started document. 

Regards,

Stav

0 Kudos