Media (Intel® Video Processing Library, Intel Media SDK)
Access community support with transcoding, decoding, and encoding in applications using media tools like Intel® oneAPI Video Processing Library and Intel® Media SDK
Announcements
The Intel Media SDK project is no longer active. For continued support and access to new features, Intel Media SDK users are encouraged to read the transition guide on upgrading from Intel® Media SDK to Intel® Video Processing Library (VPL), and to move to VPL as soon as possible.
For more information, see the VPL website.

SkipMode has no effect in SDK 3.0 Beta 4

Markus_Pingel
New Contributor I
Hi,

Unlike with version 2.0, I do not get any different output if I call MFXVideoDECODE_SetSkipMode using beta 4 for decoding H264. Is it not implemented yet/any more?

Regards,
Markus
0 Kudos
2 Replies
IDZ_A_Intel
Employee
Hi Markus,

Thanks for reporting your findings.

We have been able to confirm that frames are not skipped properly using this feature and are investigating the root cause internally. I will let you know as soon as we have more information about a fix and potential workaround.

Regards,
Petter
0 Kudos
IDZ_A_Intel
Employee
Hi again Markus,

We have identified the issue and will be incorporating fix in upcoming driver. Be aware that it may be a couple of weeks until this driver becomes available on our external driver download page.

Thanks again for reporting the issue.

Regards,
Petter
0 Kudos