Media (Intel® Video Processing Library, Intel Media SDK)
Access community support with transcoding, decoding, and encoding in applications using media tools like Intel® oneAPI Video Processing Library and Intel® Media SDK
Announcements
The Intel Media SDK project is no longer active. For continued support and access to new features, Intel Media SDK users are encouraged to read the transition guide on upgrading from Intel® Media SDK to Intel® Video Processing Library (VPL), and to move to VPL as soon as possible.
For more information, see the VPL website.

Skylake installation problem

ANdrey_R_1
Beginner

I have big problem with installation mine cent os !

I try all version of SDK (2017R[1,2,3], 2018R1) and following versions of cent os (1511,1511,1611,1708) in every installation same result:

After reboot i have black screen and nothing 

In debug mode i see what os was freeze after trying run the updated drivers. (help only nomodeset or i915.modeset=0)

----- Last mine experience:

2017R3

I install all except kmod-ukmd-16.5.2-64009.el7.centos.x86_64.rpm (it i just unpack in following directories). All tests answer what libraries was works (sys_analyzer.py), but samples not work and aswer with error. 

Please help.

0 Kudos
6 Replies
ANdrey_R_1
Beginner

I found the problem ! 

Skylake and MSI motherboards incompatible. (not difference with chipset [i try B250,z270,z170)

0 Kudos
ANdrey_R_1
Beginner

ANdrey R. wrote:

I found the problem ! 

Skylake and MSI motherboards incompatible. (not difference with chipset [i try B250,z270,z170)

Also not works Asus z270-p

0 Kudos
ANdrey_R_1
Beginner

Thats strange i was trying install cent os but after installing drivers i got freeze on boot 

fb: switching to inteldrmfb from EFI VGA 

Then freeze ! Please help with solution.

0 Kudos
Mark_L_Intel1

Thanks ANdrey,

Your update for MSI board is appreciated,  I remembered we had this issue before, so it should be a known issue. But more confirmation is better, thanks.

About freeze on boot, I am not sure what your installation sequence is, are you installed a driver on an old OS version and updated it to a new OS version? For driver, do you mean KMD, this implied you are updating a new kernel?

Mark

0 Kudos
ANdrey_R_1
Beginner

Liu, Mark (Intel) wrote:

Thanks ANdrey,

Your update for MSI board is appreciated,  I remembered we had this issue before, so it should be a known issue. But more confirmation is better, thanks.

About freeze on boot, I am not sure what your installation sequence is, are you installed a driver on an old OS version and updated it to a new OS version? For driver, do you mean KMD, this implied you are updating a new kernel?

Mark

Dear, i do all.

I install KMD, i compile it . and not success. But i just change the motherboard and it works. (on same os)

So now works:

z170 Asus, H110 Asus 

z170 Intel

All other desktop motherboards had an issues ... (We try MSI, Gigabyte, ASRock)

0 Kudos
Mark_L_Intel1

Thanks so much for the hardware work,

This should have everyone! I am appreciated your work.

I am wondering what the cause, the incompatible hardware causes KMD error?

You might also try our open source build since it support more advanced kernel:

https://software.intel.com/en-us/articles/build-and-debug-open-source-media-stack

Also MSS2018R1 might help, it uses a little bit different kernel 4.4.111

Mark Liu

0 Kudos