Media (Intel® Video Processing Library, Intel Media SDK)
Access community support with transcoding, decoding, and encoding in applications using media tools like Intel® oneAPI Video Processing Library and Intel® Media SDK
Announcements
The Intel Media SDK project is no longer active. For continued support and access to new features, Intel Media SDK users are encouraged to read the transition guide on upgrading from Intel® Media SDK to Intel® Video Processing Library (VPL), and to move to VPL as soon as possible.
For more information, see the VPL website.

Source code for Intel Media SDK h.264 decoder.

Ike_S_
Beginner

We need the source code for the Intel Media SDK H.264 decoder.

We have some H264 files that decode fine with our (LEADTOOLS) decoder (which is based on older Intel decoder code), but fail to decode with the latest Intel Media SDK decoder. And since there is no way to predict for which files the decoder will fail, we have the hardware acceleration in our H264 decoder disabled by default.

If we had the source code for the decoder, we could try and fix some of these problems ourselves.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Alexey_F_Intel
Employee

Hi Ike, what is "older Intel decoder code"? Is it IPP software codec or older MediaSDK version?

Are your failed to decode streams compliant to AVC spec?

If you can provide a part of stream - failed frame+ dependency reference - we will work thru it

Thanks, Alexey

0 Kudos
Ike_S_
Beginner

I attached two files that do not decode (2.264) and (OnlyPs_HasTimestamp_P.mpg).

2.264 seems ok, I don’t know why the Intel decoder doesn’t like it.

The other file has only P frames and while this is not quite right, I have seen several other files of the same type, most of them generated by hardware cameras.

Again, if we had the source code, we could try to fix it without going to Intel everytime we have a problem.

0 Kudos