Media (Intel® Video Processing Library, Intel Media SDK)
Access community support with transcoding, decoding, and encoding in applications using media tools like Intel® oneAPI Video Processing Library and Intel® Media SDK
Announcements
The Intel Media SDK project is no longer active. For continued support and access to new features, Intel Media SDK users are encouraged to read the transition guide on upgrading from Intel® Media SDK to Intel® Video Processing Library (VPL), and to move to VPL as soon as possible.
For more information, see the VPL website.

Streaming Audio Only

Amir_K_1
Beginner

Dear Community,

I am new to INDE, I managed to stream from android cam (audio+video) to my Wowza server successfully. I am now trying to make a Push to Talk (PTT) feature in my android app using INDE and Wowza streaming engine.

2 Questions:

1- How to stream audio only? I tried setting  parameters.isToPublishVideo = false; but it does not make any effect, the stream contains video.

2- Can I stream camera (audio and video) on a url, and stream another (audio only) to another url using the same phone/app?

Your assistance is much appreciated.

Best regards,

Amir 

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Alexey_S_Intel1
Employee

Hi Amir,

1. Current version of Media for Mobile library doesn't support audio only streaming. You may try to configure Wowza server to stream audio only, see details here: http://www.wowza.com/forums/content.php?304-How-to-set-up-and-run-Wowza-Transcoder-AddOn-for-live-streaming

2. It's also not supported, you can't create two Streamer instances using the same camera and microphone. I would suggest to check whether Wowza server allows to split one stream into two different streams.

Regards,

Alexey

0 Kudos
Amir_K_1
Beginner

Hi Alexey,

Many thanks for your reply.

OK I wonder if it is possible to use the INDE cam streaming for android devices below 4.3? Is there anything I can change in the INDE code to make that work?

Best regards,

Amir

0 Kudos
Alexey_S_Intel1
Employee

Hi Amir,

INDE camera streaming feature uses MediaCodec createInputSurface method which is available only in Android API 18 and higher. Therefore it won't work on Android devices below 4.3.

Alexey

0 Kudos