Media (Intel® Video Processing Library, Intel Media SDK)
Access community support with transcoding, decoding, and encoding in applications using media tools like Intel® oneAPI Video Processing Library and Intel® Media SDK
Announcements
The Intel Media SDK project is no longer active. For continued support and access to new features, Intel Media SDK users are encouraged to read the transition guide on upgrading from Intel® Media SDK to Intel® Video Processing Library (VPL), and to move to VPL as soon as possible.
For more information, see the VPL website.
3058 Discussions

Streaming H264 over network and decoding with gstreamer real time

Paul_W_2
Beginner

Hi. 

I'm having issues with streaming h264 streams over the network and playing them using gstreamer. My player side is a java application hence i have to use gstreamer. 

What i'm able to do is encoding h264 streams and writing to a file and playing them using gstreamer. However, when i stream the encoded h264 bit streams over the network and try to use gstreamer appsrc to read them, i failed to get a play back on gstreamer side.

I think gstreamer requires the encoder to encode h264 streams using byte-stream format. Can any expert help me out with my application? Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
0 Replies