Media (Intel® Video Processing Library, Intel Media SDK)
Access community support with transcoding, decoding, and encoding in applications using media tools like Intel® oneAPI Video Processing Library and Intel® Media SDK
Announcements
The Intel Media SDK project is no longer active. For continued support and access to new features, Intel Media SDK users are encouraged to read the transition guide on upgrading from Intel® Media SDK to Intel® Video Processing Library (VPL), and to move to VPL as soon as possible.
For more information, see the VPL website.

Support of image rotation during screen capture

Ramashankar
New Contributor III

Hi,

I am using screen capture module along with sample_encode module to capture my desktop image and encode it into h264 format. I am running this application on a Windows8 desktop machine and on a windows8 Microsoft surface device and it works fine.  Now I want to add the support of screen rotation feature for Microsoft Surface device.

At present when surface device is rotated at 90 degree then I get the captured output frame un-oriented but image is rotated inside. E.g. if original desktop resolution is 1920x1080 and it is rotated by 90 degree, then capture module delivers raw output frame of 1920x1080 resolution in which desktop image is rotated inside.

My objective in this case is to get a final output frame with 1080x1920 resolution (height width swapped )so that desktop image still looks un-rotated even though device is rotated.

I checked in media sdk and found that there is a rotation plugin which supports only 180 degree rotation and that too for jpeg decoding only. So is there any module/lib in media sdk which supports image rotation (by 90, 180 & 270 degree) during screen capturing or h264 encoding, or h264 decoding?

My environment details are as following:

IMSDK version: 6.0.0.349
Sample decode version: 6.0.0.49
Graphics Card: Intel(R) HD Graphics 4400 with driver version 10.18.14.4294

Thanks.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Jiandong_Z_Intel
Employee

Hi Ramashankar,

I think you should try Intel® Media SDK 2016 , after installation you can find following in mediasdk_release_notes.pdf

Page 2 -

mfxstructures.h: MFX_EXTBUFF_VPP_ROTATION and corresponding
mfxExtVPPRotation extended buffer structure added to support
rotation in VPP

Page 3 -

Added rotation filter support for MFX_IMPL_VIA_D3D11 path with
90,180,270 angles support and progressive content only.

Hope it helpful.

Thanks,

Zachary

0 Kudos
Ramashankar
New Contributor III

Hi Zachary,

Thanks for this useful information. I will download 2016 version SDK and explore further.

Thanks,

0 Kudos
Kishore_V_Intel
Employee

Hi,

I am using d3d11 to do Rotation using mfxExtVPPRotation for progressive NV12 content

intel media sdk version using is 7.0.0.311.

But MFXVideoVPP_Query returns error MFX_ERR_UNSUPPORTED.

tracer log Attached.please help me to resolve this problem

Os version is Windows 8.1 and intel graphics card present

Thanks

Kishore 

0 Kudos