Media (Intel® Video Processing Library, Intel Media SDK)
Access community support with transcoding, decoding, and encoding in applications using media tools like Intel® oneAPI Video Processing Library and Intel® Media SDK
Announcements
The Intel Media SDK project is no longer active. For continued support and access to new features, Intel Media SDK users are encouraged to read the transition guide on upgrading from Intel® Media SDK to Intel® Video Processing Library (VPL), and to move to VPL as soon as possible.
For more information, see the VPL website.

Supported platforms with Client vs. Server edition

Andreas_L_
Beginner

Hi,

I'm looking into integrating Intel Media SDK into our solutions and the supported platforms are unclear to me. The client edition is said to be compatible with Win7/8 on >=2nd generation Core platforms. Now, the server edition is said to be compatible with Win Server 2012 and Linux on a number of Xeon platforms.

Does that really mean the supported platforms of the two editions are mutually exclusive? Of course we would like to have the broadest support possible.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Sravanthi_K_Intel

There definitely is an overlap between the server and core editions; and server version supports core too. Let me know if you need more details.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Robert_S_2
Beginner

I'm interested in this too. I need linux support which mandates the Media SDK for Servers however it's not clear whether this supports older generation core processors as the Media SDK for Clients does.

It's also not clear to me whether the SDK for servers can be used with windows platforms other than Windows Server 2012?

0 Kudos
Sravanthi_K_Intel

Hello, Thanks for the question. Hope this helps understand the supported platforms for the product: The Media products support SNB and newer on Windows, and IVB and newer on Linux. The server size supports Core and some Xeon, the Windows side supports Core and some Atom/Celeron/Pentium and some Xeon. And the server products can be used on other Windows platforms, and not just Win Server 2012. For more information, you can see ark.intel.com for more support information on HW.

0 Kudos