Media (Intel® Video Processing Library, Intel Media SDK)
Access community support with transcoding, decoding, and encoding in applications using media tools like Intel® oneAPI Video Processing Library and Intel® Media SDK
Announcements
The Intel Media SDK project is no longer active. For continued support and access to new features, Intel Media SDK users are encouraged to read the transition guide on upgrading from Intel® Media SDK to Intel® Video Processing Library (VPL), and to move to VPL as soon as possible.
For more information, see the VPL website.
3058 Discussions

SyncOperation() keeps returning MFX_WRN_IN_EXECUTION

koby_s_
Beginner

Hi
My live transcoder software (using sw implementation) is running for a random amount of time when suddenly the SyncOperation() start to return MFX_WRN_IN_EXECUTION.
Even when waiting for 10/20/30 seconds - I am still getting that warning. Such long wait time (> 2 seconds) is unacceptable for a live transcoder.
In order to override this problem, I tried to reset the encoder in some way.
Since it's impossible to drain it (because we get MFX_WRN_IN_EXECUTION forever), I tried to call encoder->Reset() but the encoder hangs.
Calling encoder->Close also hangs forever and never returns.

I found on the forum this post : https://software.intel.com/en-us/forums/intel-media-sdk/topic/600320   advising to reduce async depth to 1.
I will try it asap, but not sure if this will be a good solution for me.

Is there any open bug on encoder->close hanging?
Is there any work around to close the encoder without hanging?

Any help is much appreciated !

Thank you
Koby

0 Kudos
0 Replies